cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaking Fitting on 1998 Bounder

Cras108er
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1998 Bounder with a water leak from one of the fittings. It appears the leak is coming from a fitting that is wedged between the gray water tank and the basement wall. Its almost impossible to get your hand in between there.

My only option appears to be to drop the gray water tank, but I am concerned about how difficult a job this might be. I see several bolts on the front side, but do not know what be behind it.

The problem may have been caused when I hooked up to city water without a regulator. Water started seeping through the floorboard in the middle of the coach. It stopped once I disconnected, but continued to leak from the fitting.

Anyone have any suggestions for fixing this leak? Thx!
6 REPLIES 6

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
What model is your Bounder? Is it a drain fitting or a fresh water fitting? My grey tank has no fresh water lines around it so my layout must be different from yours.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

Cras108er
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
Could you perhaps cut an access panel in the basement wall?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Drew, I hadn't thought about cutting an access panel. That is a good idea! I will try to post a pic later so that others can confirm if there are better/other options.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Could you perhaps cut an access panel in the basement wall?

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you get a picture of the problem area and the surrounding area?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Can you access the lines on either side of the fitting?
Maybe you can just replace the entire line with PEX and eliminate the fitting or move the position of the fitting?

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Fleetwood, but not a Bounder so I can't help you. However, I don't think the water pressure in Anchorage is high enough to have caused the problem.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.