cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obbessive Compulsive Dumpers?

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
This isn't a big deal and no offense meant but more amusing I guess. Like I sometimes notice do you ever get behind someone at the dump station that seems a bit compulsive. They seem to have all sorts of "accessories" to clean or something and take a long time fooling around with the process. A relative has this thing called a "macerator" which he things is wonderful but I can't, for the life of me, understand why I would need one. I pull up, whip out the sewer hose, fasten and pull the handle. Takes about 4 minutes.
Jayco-noslide
116 REPLIES 116

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone witnessing a pull the handle dump should have called 911 and reported a hazardous waste spill. Poop is considered hazardous waste and illegal dumping does carry a hefty fine. If he was leaving, you could have given the authorities a vehicle description and license number. Also a picture is worth 1000 words.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
ah come on it is funny cause so many do it but in the end when it hits your nose or ya gotta work around the sludge to dump it becomes SO darn gross!

and what might have helped is if SOMEONE would take the time to do a nice chat with the person. just say it like it is....but most just watch as usual and do nothing. So if you allow what you see to happen you are a willing participant in that trouble from my point of view.

get involved in small things, nope, but every now and then one must pony up their experience to help another..............but that might take 'too much time' 🙂

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
1968mooney wrote:
I'm usually in such a hurry, I do not even get the hose out. Just pull the handle and leave. :h

That's not funny as we seen a camper do that at A1A campground at the Indy 500 a couple weeks ago!! We were sitting there waiting on people to get hooked up and gone when we smelled something, looking around we seen a guy dumping his black tank, we yelled at him and he said it was his grey tank but then he shut off valve and opened his grey tank...we thought what a dumb-A$%!
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
HA HA

Dump Dictators and Poop Nazi

I sure hope it never comes to this 🙂 🙂

So many are rushed thru lines like cattle thru a shoot to slaughter. I mean if one can't relax and take a bit of time to do it right and the way they want at a dump station then heaven help us all. Life with conveniences is great but those conveniences we want so badly will mostly cost some time in your life. Whether we buy something and then have to take the time to fix it, clean it, maintain it etc or the time it takes to end your trip thru a dump line.

everyone does 'lines' and it costs time. dump station isn't no different and at some point ya gotta concede and chill or you can moan and groan 🙂 again, choices in life, pick which way you want to react. No one mostly has no control over other's situations and actions that might effect us but they have the choice on how to handle their emotions and reactions to it yet so many forget this.

MrWizard
You know the rules
Pictures or it didn't happen 🙂
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
When leaving yesterday at the state park, we obviously had to visit the dump station as we left. Two lanes fortunately.

A guy who appeared to be a newer RVer was dumping his tanks. Small camper, maybe 20', but not only did he have his sewer pipe dumping but he also had the 20' flexible hose supports set up.

It was awesome. He looked like he was set up to camp a week right there at the dump station. I just smiled and nodded. 🙂

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
So I guess what we need is a poop Nazi.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

languiduck
Explorer
Explorer
The soup nazi, though very strict and regimented, is very efficient at getting the most customers through the line in the shortest amount of time. He accomplishes this because he does not consider whether or not his way hurts anyone's feelings. Lots of feelings on here.
2006 F250
Palomino Bronco 800

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
FunnyCamper wrote:
I don't race thru my life for anyone. And I don't ever expect anyone to do it for me.
Double amen.

This insistence on following a prescribed routine to dump tanks that many profess to be strictly regimented, and rain hell fire on those that dare to digress from said procedure reminds me of a particular Seinfeld episode.

From Wikipedia:

Jerry, George and Elaine patronize a new soup stand Kramer has been praising. Jerry explains that the owner, Yev Kassem, is known as the "Soup Nazi" due to his temperament and insistence on a strict manner of behavior while placing an order.

At the soup stand, George tells the cashier that he didn't receive any bread with his order. Kassem says bread is two dollars. George complains that other customers received free bread, to which Kassem first responds by saying the bread is now three dollars, then decrees "No soup for you!" George's order is quickly taken away, and his money returned.

The Soup Nazi is the nickname of the eponymous character, Yev Kassem, played by Larry Thomas. The term "Nazi" is used as an exaggeration of the excessively strict regimentation he constantly demands of his patrons.

A stone-faced immigrant chef with a thick Stalin-esque moustache, he is renowned throughout Manhattan for his soups. He demands that all customers in his restaurant meticulously follow his strict queuing, ordering, and payment policies. Failure to adhere to his demands brings the stern admonition ("No soup for you!"), whereupon the customer is refunded and denied his or her order. He will then yell at the top of his lungs to the next person in line, "Next!"

Lots of Soup Nazi's on here.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

MrWizard
Amen
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jayco-noslide wrote:
This isn't a big deal and no offense meant but more amusing I guess. Like I sometimes notice do you ever get behind someone at the dump station that seems a bit compulsive. They seem to have all sorts of "accessories" to clean or something and take a long time fooling around with the process. A relative has this thing called a "macerator" which he things is wonderful but I can't, for the life of me, understand why I would need one. I pull up, whip out the sewer hose, fasten and pull the handle. Takes about 4 minutes.

I read thru the thread.
Usual --how dare you keep me waiting more than 10 mins when I KNOW YOU can dump in a faster manner according to what I do and my schedule!-- comments.

I say this with caution cause many will jump on me saying I am ME generation and how dare I take my time 🙂

It takes as long as it takes for a normal process.
We had 2 bathrooms in our 5th. YOU should see the looks when we pulled up 4 ft to dump the back black tank...HAHA and I just laughed like heck if I ever saw that look from another driver. AND I mean that after I WAITED my turn to get to the dump!

of course not extra stupid acts while there like stopping to chat or to fixing something in the truck but the normal process WILL VARY from rig to rig and the person doing it.

I don't race thru my life for anyone. And I don't ever expect anyone to do it for me.

just my view on it and of course I expect many don't agree but that is the beauty of life.......so many variables in it and so many ways you can react to them 🙂

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Amazing how this topic is as contentious as firearms and RVing. Really though, for me it all boils down to courtesy. If I need to dump a tank I will spring for a full hook-up site and be able to take as much time as I please. If I have to use a dump station then I will be expedient but not reckless, 10-15 minutes maybe, and be on my way. I will rinse at the next stop. I don't care if you want to wear gloves.....or not, it does not affect me one bit. I do it the way I do it, you do it how you like. There will always be people in the world who think only of themselves. Deal with it and move on.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
Check this out

I'm not sure why you are linking to that video. It is a quite good video on dumping.

You have been posting about taking your time at the dump station...which does not bother me, or I would imagine most people, as long as you are dumping and not just hanging out.

But back to the video, if you fast forward to 9:30 (9 minutes 30 seconds), you might find an interesting quote.

"3 or 4 minute process"... I know it takes longer than that, but...

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
1968mooney wrote:
I'm usually in such a hurry, I do not even get the hose out. Just pull the handle and leave. :h

Did you drive for Hillary?

https://youtu.be/k6ve6fw4P98

2013 F150 XLT SCrew 5.5' 3.5 EB, 3.55, 2WD, 1607# Payload, EAZ Lift WDH
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera
Toys: '66 Super Hawk, XR400R, SV650, XR650R, DL650 V-Strom, 525EXC, 500EXC