Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

T-mobile use outside of USA.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I just got a notice from T-Mobile that my phone will be disconnected because I have been using it outside of USA for too long. They gave me a link to a non existent URL.

This leaves me scrambling to find another way to access the internet inexpensively from Canada.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
10 REPLIES 10

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
ty rockhillmanor
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Keep an eye on this before you leap.
They just announced that t-mobile and Sprint are thinking of merging.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/baig/2017/05/22/what-potential-t-mobile-sprint-merger-...

I have real unlimited data no throttling thru Sprint, grandfathered in.

I personally hope this merger deal falls thru as I have coverage everywhere I go. And it will most likely affect phone data costs too.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
I'm following this thread with interest as I plan on getting the Verizon unlimited calling, text and data plan this winter down south.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Mr Wizard,

I am phoning t-mobile today to try and find out what will happen.
Regards, Don

MrWizard
and what happens when you come back next winter and again want a USA phone and data ?

is Sprint make you persona non gratia
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

I'm not complaining. I returned to Canada on March 10 and the news of shut down came on May 23, with a cut off date of June 29th. That was generous of them.
Regards, Don

MrWizard
PT
that was international data roaming

you should have know that was going to end up being verboten

and could not last forever

i imagine if i went to Canada for a few months, verizon and att would cut me loose

i mean you are NOT using Sprint infrastructure towers or anything
its got to cost them $$ for international data connection from what ever carrier up there is the compatible company
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
It has worked quite well. But June 29th and it will be gone for me.

Were you under contract? and how long did it take them to shut you down?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
It has worked quite well. But June 29th and it will be gone for me.
Regards, Don

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
I had thought about changing to T-mobile with one of my Moto G phones for a trip to Ak. I had seen post saying it worked well and they could also access the web. How has it been for you? We would only be looking at a month, then a couple months in AK and then another month in Canada.