cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmaster Reflex Color

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
I had problems with my Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer (RSSA). It's a new to me Class A and the shaft of the shock on the RSSA was bent when I bought the motorhome. No way to repair so I ordered a new RSSA without mounting brackets as the ones I have are fine.

The RSSA I removed has a yellow painted spring. The new one I received is red. The new one is roughly the same size as the old one but is about 2" longer at rest. Additionally, the spring on the new red one is made of larger diameter spring wire.

Just wondering if they are the same thing. I can't find anything on the Roadmaster site to shed any light on the differences. Seems like an RSSA is an RSSA with no mention of color or differences. I'll likely give Roadmaster a call unless somebody on here knows the answer.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
2 REPLIES 2

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I talked to James at Roadmaster. He says they have changed the RSSA steering stabilizer and it is now red, a little longer and the spring is made of heavier spring wire. It is a direct replacement for the yellow unit. All I have to do is move the tie rod bracket to make up for the additional length.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No matter any response here, you really should give Roadmaster a call to ensure you get the right info and you have someones name in case they are not right!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?