cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Choosing a service to download (not stream) tv shows?

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
There are so many options-- What do you use? What services offer a good deal?

I want no ads, don't mind a fee comparable to netflix. I am often in places where streaming isn't practical.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
41 REPLIES 41

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing wrong with that!

You can also get a little doohickey for your computer, that lets you use it as a dvr.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
What if.............
Say you take your legally fully recorded to capacity DVR from home. Why wouldn't it play on your RV's TV? The only issue I see is that you wouldn't be recording anything while you were gone unless you had a second DVR on your plan at home.
Puma 30RKSS

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
There is a free add-on for Firefox called Video DownloadHelper. I don't know if it will work for Netflix or Amazon Prime, but it works for YouTube and other video sources.

Video DownloadHelper for Firefox
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Update: Play On is now $15/year, $40 lifetime.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Mex, does anyone in the mexican gov actually care if you watch pirated tv? Git ye to utorrent and thepriratebay,se!

But, in this thread, I am looking for a more mainstream solution.

MrWizard
Novellas
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Where would I go?

McSanchez's

or

Starbook's?

I nearly fainted when I found out the price of the Deep Space 9, series (Over $600.00)

If Americans want to resolve the issue, spend a few trillion and erect a stationary satellite or network allowing T4 speeds via Wifi. Gates, Bezos and crowd should be required to pay up the old snotbox to help fund such an endeavor as well as citizenry.

Being an education nut, the ability to stream data direct to classrooms would help teachers. Just imagine a teaching program that would confirm your little grandson Johnny is a classroom screwoff. "Did you do your homework?" would take on a whole new meaning.

Might as well keep watching old sci-fi series. News program fiction puts them to shame.

Gogettum Naio ๐Ÿ™‚
A lot of folks will pitnick a thread apart. Cyber spitwads.

For anyone who disagrees I will hack your television and poison it with ten thousand hours of Mexican soap operas.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
JMHO, sure sounds like you're trying to rationalize stealing content (Showbox app and others) versus using a legitimate service.

How about just buying used DVDs from eBay or gas stations? My gas station has dozens of different DVDs for sale for a buck each - that's pretty cheap!

Gordon, honey, if you had read the thread you would lnow I am insisting on legal services that cost money.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
How about just buying used DVDs from eBay or gas stations? My gas station has dozens of different DVDs for sale for a buck each - that's pretty cheap!

Have you ever really looked at the titles they're selling? Or in the pawn shops? I used to look on my lunch break, gave up long ago.

Bill

True, they're certainly not top box office new releases.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
GordonThree wrote:

Have you ever really looked at the titles they're selling? Or in the pawn shops? I used to look on my lunch break, gave up long ago.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
JMHO, sure sounds like you're trying to rationalize stealing content (Showbox app and others) versus using a legitimate service.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm... I did once, 3 years ago, download some large files on a park wifi. Nice person that I am, I started the transfer at 1 am and got up at 4 to make sure it was completed. I guess I might do that again someday. Not at one of western's parks, of course.

What I was thinking to do this time is download stuff all summer while I am at my S&B, and stockpile it. Also, if I can find a Mobley, I will use it. Or my phone, at the end of each month to use up my data quota.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
As I said, I am not doing this on park wifi or public wifi.

For the same reason, a 30 day limit does not work for me. I am gone longer than 30 days.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
There's no excuse for the provider (a small park owner or huge multi-national like McD's) to not implement quality of service practices on their network, preventing any one user from monopolizing the connection.

Such equipment is not expensive or difficult to configure these days, compared to last century.