cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big City

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
364 days a year I cuss the big city I live in, but today I got the coach out of storage and drove into Denver, had the oil changed at Speedco, had it scrubbed up and Blue Beacon, topped the fuel and Propane at Flying J, all within 8 blocks of each other. ๐Ÿ™‚

2-1/2 hours and all ready for the holiday.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed
11 REPLIES 11

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just left Houston last week and drove into Denver. I promise you that Denver traffic is much, much worse than Houston!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had the oil put in in S.E. Ga (Changed the ENGINE).. Got it washed and scrubbed up at the Blue Beacon in Beaverdam OH 1021 miles later per the trip thing... Gassed up that the J across the street.. (Spent the night) and Well. I'm in a campground now.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm, there's a truck shop near my getaway cottage in upstate NY that does all that in the same building without going anywhere near the city. Well, the refueling is done outside... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
Give NYC, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta or Los Angeles a try then report back on traffic conditions. I would rather navigate the city traffic in my coach vs my car due to the height giving me a much better visibility over traffic ahead. Quick stops and lane changes can be challenging at times, but are manageable.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two Jayhawks wrote:
We love CO and we try to visit every year. I have found Denver traffic/drivers to be possibly the worst I have encountered anywhere in the US.

come South down I 25 you might change your mind.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Info for Two Jayhawks. I might agree with you about driving in Denver had I not driven in Houston. Houston tops the list for worst traffic an especially least courteous drivers in my experience so far.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
We love CO and we try to visit every year. I have found Denver traffic/drivers to be possibly the worst I have encountered anywhere in the US.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

tohare
Explorer
Explorer
Silly, he said he got everything done in 2 1/2 hours! Convenient.

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Great reason to "avoid" Denver. :S

1995brave
Explorer III
Explorer III
gbopp wrote:
Are you saying it took 2 1/2 hours to drive 8 blocks in the city? :B

He did say Denver.

gbopp
Explorer