cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promised pic of Stable Lift. Thanks for all advice.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

A huge thanks for all the advice and encouragement for this self install. She isn't the prettiest, but somehow fits this vintage camper. The quickness of loading and unloading is indescribable. Better than I EVER expected. 5 minutes. Plus we unloaded at the campground this past weekend. Extra!
19 REPLIES 19

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
It is on my short list of to do projects.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Worrying about the width isn't necessary. As stated, your mirrors already stick out more than the dually-width Stable Lift. Any toll booth, drive through or passing traffic you aren't crashing into now will still be fine.
Widen that thing and put it back on!! 🙂
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
Wagonqueen Truckster wrote:
NRALIFR wrote:
What would it take to swap the jacks between sides? Is that do-able or would you be basically doing the whole install all over again?

:):)

Install all over again. No thanks. LOL
Aw come on, no guts no glory. :B

1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
What would it take to swap the jacks between sides? Is that do-able or would you be basically doing the whole install all over again?

Install all over again. No thanks. LOL

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't recall having ever measuring them, but I think most truck mirrors are over 108 inches.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I stand corrected, I just checked, it is 108 (for securement equipment.

I will say that at 107, it would be a tight squeeze in a toll booth.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the clarification on the width. Your information on the maximum width appears to be the same as mine. Do you know how much clearance you have from the fenders to the inside of the lift?

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
Reddog...

Maximum allowable width under ICC regs is 104". after that you need an oversize (overwidth) permit...lol
I'm not sure that is true. I think it is 102", plus 6" for tie down equipment. That would be a total of 108". The Stable Lift is the tie down for the TC.

It ended up being the 107". It is a tight but not a squeeze. As far as width regulations go, my friend, a state policeman, said it was legal as the Lift itself is considered a "tie down" apparatus.

The entire Lift was done when we realized the single jack was supposed to be on the drivers side. Why you ask? (If anyone is asking) the "pair" of jacks , one in particular covers the gas tank access. We have to actually lift the camper a few inches off the bed and pull the truck up 2 inches to fill up. Yes, a dumb ass mmistake but oh well.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Reddog...

Maximum allowable width under ICC regs is 104". after that you need an oversize (overwidth) permit...lol
I'm not sure that is true. I think it is 102", plus 6" for tie down equipment. That would be a total of 108". The Stable Lift is the tie down for the TC.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
That is a nice camper, I like the old school stuff.
2015 Backpack SS1500

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog...

2015 Backpack SS1500

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure it makes a difference, I did not remember if I put my single jack on the driver side due to clearing the fuel filler.

What did you end up with for a overall width? How much clearance from the fenders?

I am still undecided if I will modify mine to fit my '04 Dodge DRW. I ran the lift on my SRW for over ten years, and really liked it. I am hesitant in installing it on my DRW because of the overall width. You and I basically have the same truck, so should have the same width lift.

Wayne

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 wrote:
Looks great. Any special reason you put the single jack on the passenger side?

Wayne

That would have been my husbands mistake but unrealized till the job was done. LOL. You should see how we have to gas up.