cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liberty Rider and Joy Rider Suspension

ldmc
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at upgrading my 5th wheel suspension.

I know about the Morryde IS is the best thing since sliced bread, but now I think there may be another player in the field.

The Liberty Rider is not a full IS suspension but has proven theory that Semi's have been running for years.

So my question is, has anyone installed the Liberty rider suspension with the joy rider shocks?

There is a very interesting You Tube video on this suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2-GReqUY-Q&feature=youtu.be
2017 GMC 3500 Duramax SWB CC

2018 Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
8 REPLIES 8

ldmc
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know or have seen a before and after video with a Morryde IS suspension?

That may help me with my decision.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the link. It looked like it did improve the ride, there was still some bouncing, but it didn't look as severe.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ldmc
Explorer
Explorer
I found a comparison of before and after done by Henderson RV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCW3ncx8ToE

Also received a installed price of 1/2 the price of the Morryde installed.

Either way I go will be an improvement over a stock suspension.

I may just put the Joyrider shocks on this year and then the Liberty Rider next year. That is the nice thing about this system is that you can put one on then the other as funds come available.

All input is appreciated.

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
My fiver weights 15100 loaded with typical contents for a week or less trip (tanks empty).
I don't really have ride issues but feel shocks on the rig would be beneficial.
I have 8k solid axles with leaf springs, 17.5 wheels/tires, a MorRyde pin box and a Trailer Saver air hitch in the truck.
Since I have 8k axles, the after market systems like the Joy Rider would not fit the diameter of the 8k axles.
I'm going to do my own mod and have all the parts but the shocks.
I ordered new axle spring bolt plates that have shock holes for stud mounted shocks. I will swap out the existing ones. My former Carriage already had these plates but the LS fiver does not.
I have some "L-brackets" that I found on ebay that will be bolted onto the sides of the fivers box frame to provide the upper shock mount.
Now I just have to determine the best and proper size shock for the application.
Just thought I'd throw this out for those of you who may wish to fabricate your own system.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
My Komfort came with shocks, but I've towed enough trailers =without= them to know that they would be my first mod if my next FW didn't come with them. I =especially= like the $950 price (plus install) vs the $3k+ price of the MorRyde IS, though. If you get 80% of what the MorRyde give you for half the price, I figure it's a bargain. :B Now, if some of those Aussie companies would start importing their IS systems...

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
I have not gone to the extent of the Liberty system or MorRyde rubber cushioned equalizer, BUT I have installed shocks, and wet bolts with heavy duty shackles.
The shocks came first, and what an improvement, those that say not worth the cost or effort, have likely never towed a 5er with shocks.
Think of driving your car or TV without or very bad shocks!!
I used a Lippert kit, the only draw back is I needed to mount inboard of the frame. our 5er wasn't sealed underneath, but that just changed, and it was a bit of a pain, boxing in around the shocks. But due to the way it rides with the shocks well worth the effort.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
In my opinion the MorRyde IS with it's ease of alignment and adjustability is the only real player in town. Anything else is just an add on and not a true replacement.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Would have been interesting to see a Before and After drive over that washboard test track.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"