cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air vent covers

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting ready to mount Maxx Air Vent covers and I see they have a new Maxx Air II now. Has anyone mounted the II and if so how does it compare with the original Maxx Air I. Not much difference in price if you shop around.
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup
13 REPLIES 13

USMarine0369
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
Max Air II is superior to the original in every way. Allows you to open your vent more and lets in more air. The vent cover from Fantastic is great, and allows even greater opening, but too pricey for me.

I probably does let more air in, but I am more concerned with the rain protection. It is for the front roof vent on my AF 990 and it is sloped down towards the front and is not on a level part of the roof. I should go to an RV place and take a look at one and put it up on my roof to see if it would protect from the rain enough.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
I have the older MaxxAir. They do a good job.
If I ever replaced them or bought them for a different RV I would go with the MaxxAir 2.

I like the hinged feature for maintenance.

Maybe someone will post their experience with the MaxxAir 2.

Love the Max Air 2 and the hinged feature is a big plus. Our vent tops were filthy but easy to clean by pulling the 2 pins on the Max Air 2 and flipping it to the side to clean the vent.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Max Air II is superior to the original in every way. Allows you to open your vent more and lets in more air. The vent cover from Fantastic is great, and allows even greater opening, but too pricey for me.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

USMarine0369
Explorer
Explorer
I had the 850 model and they don't make them anymore. I think the 800 is similar but there are so many wrong pictures on the interwebs that it makes it hard to get the right one.

Rumtan
Explorer
Explorer
I have two on my rig.......they sure do protect the vents from hail damage.
2013 Keystone Passport 2100RB
2015 F150 ecoboost
Fish-O-Holic;)

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
I have always used the covers by Fantastic Fan to go over their fan. If I had a Maxx Air, I'd use their cover.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
We have the IIs with the hinge. Like them a lot more than the originals, which I replaced. We camp in mostly state parks so we get pine needles and other debris under them once in a while and the hinge feature helps with cleaning.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I use Maxx Airs, both with the fan in the bathroom vent and fanless over the bed. We are considering changing the bedroom to a fan as well, for those hot summer nights. I have used them for 13 years on two trailers they are worth every penny when it rains or when the DW cooks bacon....
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Just my opinion...But after going with "hinged" version I find cleaning much easier to get the fine dust that Yuma has out of it. Also this time around I glued and screwed on a piece of formic on top for hail protection. We'll see how good the formic holds up, a mystery right now.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
I have MaxxAir IIs and they work quite well. Does restrict the airflow some. Have Fantastic Fans and from the sound they seem to only be moving about 80% of what they did without the MaxxAirs. Hardly ever run them that high anyway so not a big deal.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I'd get the 2 for the increased air flow NOT to make it easier to clean which would require getting up on the roof, I believe.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I have the older MaxxAir. They do a good job.
If I ever replaced them or bought them for a different RV I would go with the MaxxAir 2.

I like the hinged feature for maintenance.

Maybe someone will post their experience with the MaxxAir 2.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
They claim it has twice as much venting. A good thing as the Maxx Air do limit
the air flow, but serve their purpose well.
Brian