Explorer
on I-70. heading that way in June.
2007 Damon Astoria Pacifica
My next hobby.
10 REPLIES 10

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We also use rvparkreviews.com as our main source. There are many parks on rvparky that no longer have accurate information. Doesn't seem to be updated much.

BarryG20
Explorer
Explorer
While I have not stayed in any of them there are also parks in Salina and Richfield. Searching_Ut makes a valid point about services no services between Green River and Salina which is approx 100 miles.
Also be careful there is some eyeball busting scenery going across the San Rafael Swell. You will be testing your brakes if headed east off the Swell down into Green River and your cooling system if headed west out of Green River up into the Swell.
2016 Jayco 28.5 RLTS

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
btilfan wrote:
thank you
I checked Green River on google earth but didn't see any rv parks from the air. should have googled it. That will work out great.

Make sure you're looking at Green River Utah and not Green River Wyoming. There are 3 Campgrounds that I can think of off the top of my head in Green River Utah which is on I-70. They should show up easily from any aerial photo. When heading East on 70 make sure you don't go past Salina when you're low on fuel. There aren't any towns or fuel stops in between.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

btilfan
Explorer
Explorer
thank you
I checked Green River on google earth but didn't see any rv parks from the air. should have googled it. That will work out great.
2007 Damon Astoria Pacifica
My next hobby.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Near enough, yes.

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed in Green River and it is a good stopping place right off the highway. I would look at RV Park Reviews. They have maps of the state showing where the RV parks are. You can check out the reviews for each of the area. If you read the reviews, you will have a very good idea if the RV park will work for you.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Shady Acres in Green River UT or KOA in Beaver UT is a bit more than half way.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

JoeGood988
Explorer
Explorer
Just pull out your atlas...look at towns half way between two cities and pick a campground....use www.rvparkreviews for comments about campgrounds....simple
2003 3330 Jayco Legacy

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Download RV Parky to your phone. It's a great app for both android and iOS.

Shows all RV parks, truck stops or stores that allow overnight.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
there is a state park at Green River, UT, in town, on the east side. very pretty with shade trees and on the river. Green River state park is the name, I think.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.