cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC to PEI

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly I no longer have a navigator. I will be in DC this coming week and am thinking that from there I'll head to Prince Edward Island and am looking to figure out my route - not my favorite task.

I prefer not to take Interstates or tollroads. I prefer trip segments no longer than 100-200 miles per day. I have zero wish to get near NYC or Boston or even Philly. I am not adverse to the route not being the most direct, shortest mile or shortest time route so long as there is a reason for this or that detour. Not sure why I picked PEI so if it's a bad choice, in your opinion, give me another.

Am not adverse to boondocking, city, county, state or national parks or private parks though I have stayed at a number of private NE parks over the years that charge a pretty premium price for not so decent campsites accompanied by an "attitude."

Thanx
www.putt10.net
2 REPLIES 2

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Crowe for your expression of heart.

Based on all the advice I've gotten here, I guess I will take special route that all you have suggested :). Thanx
www.putt10.net

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help you with your route, except maybe when you get further north you can get on Route 1. It's called the "Coastal Route" although not a lot of it's truly coastal. Just wanted to express my condolences that you lost your navigator.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]