azrving
Explorer
Explorer
31 REPLIES 31

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
ChuckV1 wrote:
My question is why is this all coming out with GM etc when the Government ran GM for what 6 or 7 years, why now, why not back then Hummmmmmmmmm

Same with all the GM recalls, sure sounds like our Uncle Sam wants to get back into the car business again ...

I can remember the day when I loved seeing fire and belching black smoke coming out my trucks exhaust stack, oh I long for the good old days ๐Ÿ™‚

Safe Travels

Look up diesel smoke on YouTube. There are still plenty of morons shoring up public support for tougher emissions regulations.

I think Fritz Henderson ran GM after the bankruptcy/bailout agreement. One of the few things I agreed with President O about.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
TexasChaps wrote:
STEVEO496 wrote:
So 700 and some odd thousand owners of these trucks are concerned about the emissions levels of these trucks to the point that they're filing a suit against the manufacturer? If they're so concerned about the environment why aren't they driving Prius's instead of 3/4 ton and larger pick-up trucks?

I'd like to see you pull a 12000Lb+ fiver with a Prius ! :B

I drive a Prius. Hasn't changed my F250 at all. The only green it saves is in my wallet. $46 to go 1000 miles verses $275 to go 1000 miles with the F250 towing our TT. But I agree, they should be driving Prii. I wish the Prius technology could be applied to a HD pickup capable of towing 12k lbs. I'd be first in line. For the wallet, not for the speckled belly tadpoles.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Fast_Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
I have to wonder how much pollution is estimated to come from vehicles, as opposed to chemical companies, power companies, manufacturing, etc. Seems its easier to put strict regulations on vehicles, which may or may not be the primary cause of pollution, and ease up on commercial enterprises.

If you are somehow implying that the government is going to "ease up on commercial enterprises," I can assure you that has not been happening. Chemical plants are under such strict regulation and scrutiny that it is difficult to even keep the doors open. Every little suspected event and every little potential event is reported to regulatory authorities and investigated in such a thorough way. Chemical plants are much much cleaner than in the past. I know what it was like in the 1990's, and the industry is significantly cleaner today.
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2009 Chevy Cobalt XFE
2004 Ford Freestar 4.2 liter
2003 Jayco Qwest 12A
ex: 1969 Dodge Super Bee, 1973 Plymouth Road Runner, 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX
preserve the Second Amendment

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
98silvz71 wrote:
JIMNLIN wrote:
article wrote:
Owners and lessees of more than 705,000 GM Duramax branded diesel trucks filed a class-action lawsuit Thursday, claiming GM installed defeat devices in two models of heavy-duty trucks from 2011 to 2016.

Maybe I missed it but how would 705000 GM diesel owners/lessees know GM was doing this and his truck was polluting.

There isn't that many people that are actually involved with this "scandal." They are saying that 705000 truck owners are in on this lawsuit but what it should say is 705000 trucks could be affected by this. They never asked me to sign up for this lawsuit and I for one don't give a good gosh darn about this at all. I know my truck is using its DEF and regenerating at the same rate it always has. I know the emissions system is working all the time even in winter and when it is hot.

This nothing more than a big greedy law firm out to make a ton of money, and give the owners of these vehicles grief. In the end the owners may be offered a buy back of some type, but it is the law firm that really comes out.

Yes, VW might be cheating, and so might GM, possibly Ford and Ram just to meet the strict numbers.
It is interesting that Ram/Cummins managed to meet standards from 2003 to 2007 with just common rail electronic controlled injection, then avoided DEF until 2013. So being fair is the engine naturally cleaner, or did they figure out the cheat early?????
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
hone eagle wrote:
Ford has been very quiet lately re the diesel 1/2 ton ,wonder if they are going over the code with a fine tooth comb?
I was thinking the same thing! ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Ford has been very quiet lately re the diesel 1/2 ton ,wonder if they are going over the code with a fine tooth comb?
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

98silvz71
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
article wrote:
Owners and lessees of more than 705,000 GM Duramax branded diesel trucks filed a class-action lawsuit Thursday, claiming GM installed defeat devices in two models of heavy-duty trucks from 2011 to 2016.

Maybe I missed it but how would 705000 GM diesel owners/lessees know GM was doing this and his truck was polluting.

There isn't that many people that are actually involved with this "scandal." They are saying that 705000 truck owners are in on this lawsuit but what it should say is 705000 trucks could be affected by this. They never asked me to sign up for this lawsuit and I for one don't give a good gosh darn about this at all. I know my truck is using its DEF and regenerating at the same rate it always has. I know the emissions system is working all the time even in winter and when it is hot.
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/SB Duramax - 20K B&W Companion, Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks and Stabilizer, BFG A/T KO2
2014 Keystone Fuzion 342 Toyhauler
2008 Arctic Cat 700 Diesel

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
My question is why is this all coming out with GM etc when the Government ran GM for what 6 or 7 years, why now, why not back then Hummmmmmmmmm

Same with all the GM recalls, sure sounds like our Uncle Sam wants to get back into the car business again ...

I can remember the day when I loved seeing fire and belching black smoke coming out my trucks exhaust stack, oh I long for the good old days ๐Ÿ™‚

Safe Travels

Community Alumni
Not applicable
RADROG wrote:

I find it interesting that the world's 15 biggest container ships create more air pollution than all of the cars in the world.

This is quoted often, but it's only half of the story. When you measure the amount of pollutants coming out of the smoke stack of ships, sure it's pretty high. However, when you look at the amount of tonnage these things are moving, the emissions are pretty low compared to other methods. The emissions would be pretty insane if those tons were transported by other methods. The most efficient land based transportation would be trains and they still produce twice as many emissions as ships.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
article wrote:

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins is not involved in the FCA thing yet. It's only the 3.0 diesel.
Puma 30RKSS

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
so the Ford lawsuit must be coming next week right? Nissan must be after that.....
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
hone eagle wrote:
This is not the gov like VW and FCA ,its a law firm with a history of filling class actions and then looking for 'injured' parties.

That is how it started with FCA last year and it eventually led to the EPA getting involved earlier this year.

Dodge Truck Owners Accuse Chrysler of VW-Like Cheating

Shiner is 100 percent correct, there were a hand full of owners that were approached by the law firm asking to test their trucks. Next thing you know FCA is in deep dodo with the EPA. You can bet that GM has the very same AECD's that FCA/Ram is using.

The question will be did GM and Ford report them? Since their 2017 diesel trucks got the green light form the EPA I would think the answer is yes and we won't see the EPA going after GM or Ford. That is only a guess on my part though. Ford will be next as you can bet your the house that the same scumbag group of Ambulance Chasers are testing Fords diesel right now.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
hone eagle wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
hone eagle wrote:
This is not the gov like VW and FCA ,its a law firm with a history of filling class actions and then looking for 'injured' parties.

That is how it started with FCA last year and it eventually led to the EPA getting involved earlier this year.

Dodge Truck Owners Accuse Chrysler of VW-Like Cheating

common supplier in all this is R Bosch right? did the arrogant europeans think nobody would catch on, do they think americans are stupid?

I'm pretty sure the cummins engineers are responsible for the calibrations that are installed on the engines and then sold to FCA.

I thought FCA said they would go after cummins for financial damages.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"