cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lo DC Norcold

corpmechfl
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone new to the forums and I've been having a problem I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler Navigator and I'm not getting 12v to the Norcold control board from the bus. Has anyone had a similar problem or perhaps have the wiring manual for the wiring from the battery to the fridge. I'm getting about 2v and the minimum you can have is 10v. Any help would be great. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the battery is 12v+ and you measure 2v.... keep moving the meter along the path until the voltage jumps up.

corpmechfl
Explorer
Explorer
The wire I was checking voltage at was the one that gives power to the box. It goes down thru the access panel so I am assuming it's bus power coming in.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Doubt the led will be on if you only have 2V. Try running a strong magnet around the face of the black box to reset it/turn the led out as they are known to disconnect the 12V to the control board for no reason. If you can't get the recall/black box to reset (light to go out) you can bypass it, but you need to monitor the flue for overheating on the slim chance the recall box did its job.

Corrosion on the ends of a fuse can give you low voltage but I have some doubts about that being your problem.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

corpmechfl
Explorer
Explorer
I have the black box and the led is lit but it's not getting 12v from the bus side. I'll look for the fuses but I thought if a fuse was blown it wouldn't show any voltage coming thru.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Welcome. You should have a 3" square black box with a red led behind the NoCold 1200. If the light is on it's stopping the 12V pwoer to the control board. IF not a 1200 and no recall box then the 12V fuse may be in your bathroom above the toilet. Probably 15+ 12V fuses...many for lights. Unfortunately the one for the refer may not be labeled so start testing all of them. These fuses are for the items that always have power to them unlike the front run box that only powers up when the key is on.

If you had a TT I'd say check the fuses next to the converter but a Navigator should have a charger/inverter with the fuse block behind a cabinet door somewhere...often next to the 120V circuit breaker panel.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...