cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifted TV

mudbud255
Explorer
Explorer
Ok just bought a new TV 02 excursion with 7.3 powerstroke 4x4 it has about a 6 inch lift on it, and they used blocks in the back. We have a 30 ft. TT we pull. Can we tow with those 6 inch lift blocks? Has anyone else towed with lift blocks that tall. Any help would be appreciated. . UPDATE... Ok these "blocks" that I am talking about are like an up side down A, or like a wedge. The part that sits on the spring perch is the same width as the perch and about 4 inches long.(Pretty much the same size as the spring perch itself). The top side, which is what the leaf springs are sitting on is about 8 inches long. It literally looks like an upside down A. I've never really seen anything like this, is this how they design lift blocks now? It looks pretty darn stout. If somebody made these they are really beefy. I was just curious. I was thinking about replacing them with some hefty springs anyway. I didn't buy the truck because it was lifted, I bought it because it is a 7.3 with low miles and it will haul my kids comfortably. Thank you for the replies.
12 REPLIES 12

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
Wild Card wrote:
DirtyOil wrote:
Wild Card wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Like many things in life it is not black or white.

A lower CG will always tow and handle better. That doesn't mean that it will tow bad. It's just saying a lower CG is better.

Some lift kits are pretty sketchy. Just make sure you don't have one of the sketchy ones.

He does...its 6"blocks

Better get all those OEM installed blocks removed as well on all those light duty, medium duty and heavy duty trucks as well. Guess we ought not stop at civilian trucks either, our mutual military vehicles should be recalled to have axel blocks removed too.

Bit of a difference between 2" of stock block and 6"of block. Its the whole leverage thing. Come on man really is this your reply.

Yup I posted that reply, so I guess it is.

The 6 " block under my old 05 ram never gave me any issues, 6" lift from a week after I bought truck new...300,000 km later was still going strong pulling the old TT and GN trailers for work. Buddy I sold it to still running same lift doing same I did with it. Now go look at new trucks and military trucks with their 3,4 ,6" and taller blocks. Yeah I replied. What's your experience with lifts?
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Without pandering to the off topic admonishing the op for having a bad arse lifted rig, yes it will probably tow fine.
But spacer block lifts unless coupled with traction bars to reduce axle wrap will try to twist up more under power compared to bars or a spring lift.

Unless your flogging it off the line or in sand/mud, it'll be ok, just know that's kind of a weak link and is a little more show than go.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
DirtyOil wrote:
Wild Card wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

A lower CG will always tow and handle better. That doesn't mean that it will tow bad. It's just saying a lower CG is better.

Some lift kits are pretty sketchy. Just make sure you don't have one of the sketchy ones.

He does...its 6"blocks

Better get all those OEM installed blocks removed as well on all those light duty, medium duty and heavy duty trucks as well. Guess we ought not stop at civilian trucks either, our mutual military vehicles should be recalled to have axel blocks removed too.

Bit of a difference between 2" of stock block and 6"of block. Its the whole leverage thing. Come on man really is this your reply.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
I never understood large lifts on certain trucks. Basically, you are making a vehicle handle worse off road in order to look like an off roader. I guess being a utilitarian I like things more for there usefulness than looks, and would rather spend money on things that would actually make my truck better off road like lockers or an off road tuned longer travel suspension with a slight height increase in the front but not enough to dramatically effect the truck's center of gravity.

Then again, I probably use my truck off road more than most of the guys that lift their trucks so I actually need it to work well off road, not just look like it does.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I'd take it to an expert and get a professional opinion on how good that lift really is. Then go from there.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
Wild Card wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

He does...its 6"blocks

GUTS GLORY RAM

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
Been there done that 6" blocks on the rear, towed my TT and GN trailers, no issues in some 300,000 kms.

GUTS GLORY RAM

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Re do the rear with 6"lifted springs. Get rid of the blocks
2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

He does...its 6"blocks
2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
As firemedic stated, get a drop down hitch. It will tow fine.

firemedic08
Explorer
Explorer
Not from personal experience, BUT The Guy I bought my old 24 ft TT from had a 6 inch lifted TV. He used a drop hitch, and said it towed fine.
Donnie
1994 Chevy 2500 Extended cab
1987 28 ft travel villa 5th wheel.