cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

first trip

Danford50
Explorer
Explorer
we took our first trip in our new class c motor home this week , we stay at myrtle beach travel park for 5 nights the vehicle handle pretty good but I still plan to get the alignment check on it, in 9 years of camping I had my first boo boo during the week at the beach the weather was wet and windy, my wife and I left for some shopping and when we got back the awing had came off , value lesson do not leave your awing out in any kind of wind, this mistake is going to cost me a new awing and hopefully just 500 dollars out of my pocket. can someone tell me what good sam will cover they will not cover my awing. I believe I have made a mistake in taking out the good sam extended warranty. can wait for my next trip .
3 REPLIES 3

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
The comprehensive on your motor home insurance should take care of it. Minus the deductable of course.

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
Check with your homeowner's insurance agent or company.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear your first trips was (almost) successful and hope you have many more happy trips.

I don't think the extended warranty, not only Good Sam, but any extended warranty, will cover user error. That is an insurance resolution.

I had a similar experience with our first Pop-Up. The awning blew over the top of the trailer and punched a hole in the roof. Insurance paid over $4000 to replace the roof. On a pop-up, it wasn't just the outer skin.... it was the entire roof...the entire thing that raises up! Hard knock lesson learned about awnings. At that point in time, I learned to never leave them extended when not there. That was some 20 years ago now, and following my own advise, never had issues with another awning since!

Check with your insurance company. Good luck!