cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic 2652 stops cooling after 4 days

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
My friend has 2000 Class C RV with the original Dometic 2652 refrigerator. When he first turns it on, on either 120 or Propane it cools just fine, but after 4 to five days it stops cooling. The fridge is still getting power, and the gas is on, but will not cool again until he leaves it off for a few days.

Has anyone ever had a problem like this?

Thanks
Roland
1999 American Dream 40 DVS
2011 Jeep Liberty
Roadmaster Sterling Towbar
Brake Buddy
6 REPLIES 6

GaryS1953
Explorer
Explorer
Just went through this with same fridge only 1996. Fridge had always been run on AC only so was really clean burner area. Lit beautifully with nice flame. Ran anywhere from 1 day to 3 days, then quit with check light. My initial thought was the control board was bad, but trouble routines on this and other forums suggested that was unlikely. Went through various trials and tests, then fuse blew on board and it would not ignite at all. I tried to have board tested but my local RVdealer said he could not test it outside the RV. I finally decided to just replace board. As I had in the past replaced both my water heater, then my furnace boards with Dinosaur boards and found them excellent I went with a dinosaur. It's been installed now 5 days and so far my check light has not come on. Knocking on wood, but I wish I'd replaced the board first thing.
Gary in Michigan
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab 5.3 Liter V8
1996 Coachmen Catalina RB210 21' Fifth Wheel
495 Watts Solar, 40 AMP Renogy Tracer MPPT Controller,2 GC2 6V Batts.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
fins froze up with frost?

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
Not out of level.
Roland
2011 Jeep Liberty
Brake Buddy

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Is the coach way out of level?
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
The battery is not dead or dying.
Roland
2011 Jeep Liberty
Brake Buddy

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
Does your friend also have a dead battery at the same time? Refer needs 12 volt to run the control board.

LEN