cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip to Myrtle Breach

Cardinals
Explorer
Explorer
Next week we are traveling to Myrtle Beach from Upstate NY. Looking of suggestions for a place to stop our first night, most likely will make it to NC on I-95. Prefer not to stay at a RV park/campground just to sleep. I understand that you cannot stay overnight in rest areas in NC but other recommendations would be appreciated.

Mike
8 REPLIES 8

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
Cracker Barrels
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I always stop at the rest area on I 74 in North Carolina on the way down to Myrtle Beach. I get there between 10 and 11pm go back and sleep and on the road around 7 or so. I've done this at least 6 times and never had any problems and actually saw police ride through the lot.
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have never stayed overnight and in a NC rest area but every year I pull in for a 2-4 hour nap. Never had a problem.

dmck413
Explorer
Explorer
Flying J exit 106, just there last week.

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
I second the Carolina Crossroads suggestion. That would be my choice.

If you insist on a non-campground location, about an hour further south, at exit 106, there is a Flying J.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

Cardinals
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen that park on the way down to Florida, will give them a call in the morning.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
pilot exit 106 and 180
flyingj exit 106
loves exit 77
petro 106
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, there's an "RV park" just perfect for an overnight right on the VA/NC border off I-95. Carolina Crossroads. They even have quick stop sites if you get there late. They do most of their business with overnighters.

We stopped there on our way south 2 years ago and planned 3 nights so I could get everything de-winterized and running. I had a few water leaks to fix so it was time well spent. In that time, the entire park turned over twice.

The people running it are very nice. They found a niche and are filling it nicely.

Also, there's a Walmart one exit north to stock up. You could stay there in the back. Security cruised the lot even during the day.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox