cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GlowStep for our new Lance 1995

avoidcrowds
Explorer
Explorer
We had the Torklift GlowStep Revolution steps on our last trailer. LOVED THEM! So, I got a set for our new Lance 1995.
The GlowSteps are a huge improvement for many reasons.

1) Adjustable to the level of the ground outside your door. When we use levelers on the curb side, the door sill is higher - sometimes 6" higher - than when set up on level ground. This puts the factory step way up off the ground. Not good, especially for young kids and older people. There are three positions (I believe I am remembering correctly) to put the top step in, so it can accommodate many different drops from the trailer floor down to the ground.

2) Trailer is stable when people are using the steps. Since the steps also rest on the ground with the adjustable feet (can even adjust to accommodate slope from front-to-back, or back-to-front), the steps don't rock the boat when someone is going up or down. DW noticed that immediately.

3) The steps have patches of glow stickers, so you can see the steps in the dark. Sometimes we sit by the fire with no trailer lights on. The steps are still glowing when we head back to the trailer, so we can see where the steps are (don't like using flashlights when the eyes are accustomed to the dark).

It took an hour and 45 minutes to install. 90 minutes of that was getting the factory steps off, as they use a round "nut" that can't be unscrewed. I used a dremel to cut the sleeve, then pounded the bolt to strip the threads. What a pain! Once all four bolts were out, 15 minutes with the GlowSteps, and they were in.

If I find that three steps is too many (doubtful, but possible), I can remove one. This would make the distance between the treads longer, though, and we like the shorter step between steps.

We love them, and I highly recommend them for every travel trailer. You are proud of your home-away-from-home, why have it rock when people go in and out?
2017.5 Lance 1995
2017 F150 EcoBoost, Max Tow
Most camping off-road
3 REPLIES 3

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
avoidcrowds wrote:
We had the Torklift GlowStep Revolution steps on our last trailer. LOVED THEM! So, I got a set for our new Lance 1995.
The GlowSteps are a huge improvement for many reasons.

1) Adjustable to the level of the ground outside your door. When we use levelers on the curb side, the door sill is higher - sometimes 6" higher - than when set up on level ground. This puts the factory step way up off the ground. Not good, especially for young kids and older people. There are three positions (I believe I am remembering correctly) to put the top step in, so it can accommodate many different drops from the trailer floor down to the ground.

2) Trailer is stable when people are using the steps. Since the steps also rest on the ground with the adjustable feet (can even adjust to accommodate slope from front-to-back, or back-to-front), the steps don't rock the boat when someone is going up or down. DW noticed that immediately.

3) The steps have patches of glow stickers, so you can see the steps in the dark. Sometimes we sit by the fire with no trailer lights on. The steps are still glowing when we head back to the trailer, so we can see where the steps are (don't like using flashlights when the eyes are accustomed to the dark).

It took an hour and 45 minutes to install. 90 minutes of that was getting the factory steps off, as they use a round "nut" that can't be unscrewed. I used a dremel to cut the sleeve, then pounded the bolt to strip the threads. What a pain! Once all four bolts were out, 15 minutes with the GlowSteps, and they were in.

If I find that three steps is too many (doubtful, but possible), I can remove one. This would make the distance between the treads longer, though, and we like the shorter step between steps.

We love them, and I highly recommend them for every travel trailer. You are proud of your home-away-from-home, why have it rock when people go in and out?

I put a 4 step GlowStep on my fifth wheel a couple of years ago. Replaced the factory 3 step and it is the best modification I have made to my rig.

I would do it again in a second.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a link?
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds nice!!!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!