garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looking for good one nighter between Amarillo and Oklahoma City
6 REPLIES 6

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
Every time we do that stretch with our trailer, we stay at the city park in Sayre, OK. Long, some tree-shaded pull-thrus and back-ins with electric/water and a single RV dump for $12/night. The big park was built by the CCC and has a golf course, ball fields, and a swimming pool as well as the cg. It is right on the main road into town from I-40, but it is in a quiet back corner of the park and far enough from the Interstate to minimize the traffic noise.

The pull-thrus are so long that, last time we were there, the couple in the space next to us had a long, enclosed trailer behind their motorhome, with space to spare. Interestingly, when it came time for dinner, they unloaded a Model A from the trailer and drove it to a restaurant in town. They put the car back in the trailer for the night and headed out at 6:30 the next morning--"garage" and all.

The last reviewer on RVParkReviews.com gave the Sayre City Park cg a bad review, but we have stayed there several times and never had a bad night. We have even recommended it to family in Amarillo. And we will certainly stay there again because it is uncrowded, inexpensive, and has electricity and water. What more could you ask for in a single night's stop along an Interstate?
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Shamrock, Texas, near the Oklahoma state line. I've stayed at the RV park on the south side of town. It has hookups and it's cheap.

You said "good" one-nighter. This one is "basic" one-nighter.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Red Rock Canyon State Park, Hinton OK.

Beautiful park.

:):)

I stayed here last year, wish I had more time. Very nice park and great rates. Pick a site and the ranger catches up with you. The one I spoke with had a great personality, watch the hill going in it is steep.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the quick response, I'll check on those.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Red Rock Canyon State Park, Hinton OK.

Beautiful park.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Elk City Lake RV Park, no charge but may be full. There is also a KOA in Canute.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi