Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Around the Campfire

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
What's happened to around the Campfire?
There is one post been going over a year on post that do not stick to subjeet.
All gone except the last three most recent op.
17 REPLIES 17

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Grit dog wrote:
No need for that section anymore! Every thread goes off topic anyway.......lol

HA - so do chats around the campfires ... hehehe ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
No need for that section anymore! Every thread goes off topic anyway.......lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my computer, "Around the Campfire" appears to be there, alive, and well. 18 pages of posts currently, with dozens of different names posting there recently, too - just like in any other forum here.

However, I'm thinking that the forum name probably should be updated to "Around the Firepit"! ๐Ÿ˜‰

We love our propane firepit for it's easy-to-use ambience (and it heats nicely,too). My days are gone of messing with a smelly, wood fire, and then having to use our grey water or precious fresh water (when drycamping) to douse it thoroughly before going to bed. Besides out West, many camping areas are becoming dryer and dryer during camping season, so use of open camp fires can wind up being more dangerous than they used to be.

Here's one similar to what we now pack along in our RV for evenings around a "campfire": https://www.amazon.com/Outland-Firebowl-Mega-Propane-Fire/dp/B00FWKVGQ0/ref=lp_14107621_1_15?s=lawn-...
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I Saw several posts there today.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MrWizard
top of this page click "my forums"

go there and click "my preferences" in the first blue-gray bar going across page

there ,,scroll down to general preferences

see where it says "show topics from"

try setting that at 30 days

you will see more threads in forums that are not real active
it won't affect forums that are very active, except to give you more pages to check on after the new posts, doesn't load anything extra or take anymore space on your PC
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
It was back in full form sometime last evening.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
I made a post there some time back about McDonalds drive through. It was a long post for general conversation.

Apparently it didn't tickle somebody's fancy and poof! It was gone.

I just figured it was someone's private sandbox. In which case it would be better as a private blog for a select few.

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Jplante4, it IS there, It is just that only two people are posting there and the posts are few and far between. Most people have their programs set to only see posts from that day and don't see the older posts. Its really too bad, at one time that was a very active area.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
What's happened to around the Campfire?
There is one post been going over a year on post that do not stick to subjeet.
All gone except the last three most recent op.

Funny, I was just looking at it this morning and it was all there. Doesn't appear to have been deleted.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Around the camp fire is still going. Right now it consists of two main posters. I use to post there, but it got pretty boring sometimes being the only one posting for a month long time. So, I bid them ado and mostly just read the forums now.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Heat index of 101 here in north TX. Ain't gonna be any camp fires today. Or probably next 4 months.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Too early to start my camp fire but i'm ready!

I had one going this morning here at the house patio... I usually burn bills and receipts etc on Saturdays...

After I finshed doing that I said what the heck - might as well throw a couple of logs on the fire. So I did... Great way to drink your morning coffee...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
It is still there. Click on Open Roads Forum at top left of page just above this thread. Scroll to the bottom of page. There it is. Or click on the Jump to Forum link on right side and scroll to bottom. Again, there it is.

Still very active in spite of being the "most an*l, rigidly controlled and overly-censored RV forum around".

Around the Campfire

What? It is there after all. Then I take back what I said... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Too early to start my camp fire but i'm ready!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad