cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amazon Lockers

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those not in the know. RV campers can receive their small and large packages at very conveniently located Amazon lockers located in most cities nationwide. This is easy to use service and the lockers are located in hotels such as courtyard inn, Homewood Suites, 7-elevens stores, chain department stores like Ross Dress for Less and grocery stores like Safeway and of course Whole Foods. Very fast delivery if you are Amazon Prime.

At check out time on your amazon order select for shipping address Amazon locker and enter your location zip code then a list and map will popup for local area and you can select the nearest locker. Amazon will notify by email (in my case) when the package arrives and give you a 5 digit code to enter on key pad at the locker then the door to locker will automatically pop open and woo la you have it. This easier for me than having to sign for packages and wait in line at my UPS store.

System is like Parcel Pending lockers found in many large apartment complexes. I have read many complaints of campers not receiving their packages at campgrounds near cities. USPS does deliver to Amazon Lockers. Happy Trails.

Additionally Amazon will soon start delivery of prescription drugs from their new soon to be online pharmacy or so I hear.

9 REPLIES 9

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I did an Amazon order and I had it sent to the locker but the lockers were limited because the weight was way over 10 pounds. My locker was at a drug store behind the counter not in a "locker"

So it seems to work

jIMr

MrWizard
I use Amazon lockers , around here you can find them at Chevron Extramile gas stations,
Some stations they are inside, some they are outside, they have 24HR access, I find it to be very convenient,
I do returns via UPS, have never had trouble with the return credit progressing
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
delwhjr wrote:
It is a good way to get something when you are out of your area. BUT if you use it for a return item be prepared for a long wait to get your credit. I tried it twice. First time it took 2 weeks to get credited; showed not received for the entire time. Second time, I had to call Amazon to get the item credited after 3 weeks.

2 returns I did to Amazon that I took it to the UPS store they said they did not receive until I contacted them. This was using their prepaid return labels.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
delwhjr wrote:
if you use it for a return item be prepared for a long wait to get your credit. I tried it twice. First time it took 2 weeks to get credited; showed not received for the entire time. Second time, I had to call Amazon to get the item credited after 3 weeks.
Every online seller I've dealt with has been quick to take your payment, and sloooow to issue a refund.

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
It is a good way to get something when you are out of your area. BUT if you use it for a return item be prepared for a long wait to get your credit. I tried it twice. First time it took 2 weeks to get credited; showed not received for the entire time. Second time, I had to call Amazon to get the item credited after 3 weeks.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

here - -

Amazon Hub Locker
If the following applies, your order is eligible for Locker delivery:

The shipping weight is less than 10 lbs.
The product dimensions are smaller than 16 x 12 x 14 inches.
All items are sold or fulfilled by Amazon.com.
The total value is less than $5,000.
The shipment contains no hazardous materials.
The order does not contain Subscribe & Save items.
The order does not contain items shipping from other countries.
The order does not contain items for Release-Date Delivery
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

dedmiston
Trackrig wrote:
Is there a weight or size limit on the lockers?

I need a new winch which costs over $1000 and weighs about 150#. I'll be passing thru Oregon next summer where there's no sales tax so picking it up there could save some good money.

Bill

Yes. I've never heard of them enforcing a weight limit, but definitely size. I suppose the weight would be limited to prevent damage to their lockers. Try a dry run on their checkout page though, and see if they allow you to choose a locker for your winch.

Amazon Locker FAQ

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there a weight or size limit on the lockers?

I need a new winch which costs over $1000 and weighs about 150#. I'll be passing thru Oregon next summer where there's no sales tax so picking it up there could save some good money.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Be warned... You will only have a window of time ( 5 days??)to make that pick up.. If you do not claim the package, it will be returned.

I use a locker close to me sometimes and its easy
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet