cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to put that pesky TV

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like many of us we have a TV that can be viewed when sitting inside our RV,The original place that the MFG placed mine was on a shelf in the upper bunk area.It was always a pain there because if you wanted to use that area to store something on when parked you had to move the TV

Next to it on the wall above the small captain seat was a pretty useless cabinet,tall and thin,only 5 inches deep.This would be a perfect place to put the TV I thought...I cut a hole in the side of the cabinet to run the antenna and power cables thru,and this is what I have now,out of the way and hidden until I want to use it.

Some of you might think that the open door might be a head banger I will tell you this the door opens above the small chair and I an 6'6" tall and I clear the open door with ease,no head banging for me,that was the first thing I checked before I made this mod.:B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
6 REPLIES 6

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice work!

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We had an '01 24' Itasca with a cabinet like that but deeper and with a door that rolled to the top inside that healed a TV. the cabinet was deeper because back then TV's still used a picture tube.
We slept in the bed above the cab. So I made a nice ladder that leaned against that open cabinet. I made it out of 1/2x 1-1/2" Oak. It had a notch on the back side that hooked onto the cabinet so it could not slide down, and the top step/handle was as wide/long as the cabinet so it could not slide sideways.

Dusty

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I did the opposite. We have an older Class B that originally had a CRT style TV. A past owner removed that and mounted a flat screen over where the old TV was hidden. We decided we need the storage space more than a TV so I removed the flat screen and boxed in the area where the old CRT TV had been hidden and added a cabinet door. When we occasionally want to watch TV it is movies or TV programs we have recorded and have stored on a thumb drive or internal drive and watch them on our laptop. We are an Apple family and may try using Airplay to simulcast to an iPad so we can sit where we want and watch together in the seat we like best.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea. Good workmanship.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice job, looks factory installed. I've made use of cabinet space as well to mount a TV and/or TV bracket. We don't spend a whole lotta time watching the boob tube but I do follow a couple of sport teams and DW has a couple of shows she doesn't like to miss.