cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
258 REPLIES 258

Rocketship
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

Im a newbie to this site and am not sure where to post my message so please allow me some space.I am recently retired and married. My wife is still working and not interested in doing any traveling.

I have been to almost all the continents around the world through my work but have not seen a majority of this great country. So now I would like to  travel around the USA. I do not have an RV but would like to hook up with someone that has similar interests and be a travel buddy. I am not looking for a romantic relationship but simply to travel to some amazing places and to share expenses with someone that is in a similar situation with an RV.

If you are a solo RV’er male or female and would like someone to join you in your travels please contact me. Age is not a factor either.

My interests are mainly visiting historical sites, some hiking and seeing this beautiful country before I get too old to do anything.

I live in Florida but can fly into any major airport to start our journey.

Of course an interview would be a must just to make sure our interests align with each other .

Thank You and Kind Regards.

RnS_3Cats_2Dogs
Explorer
Explorer

RnS_3Cats_2Dogs
Explorer
Explorer

My wife and I just signed up for Good Sam.  We had a bad experience with a competitor's roadside assist program so giving GS a shot.  We were stranded for nearly 3 hours with the roadside service telling us our Class C wasn't covered under the plan.  We got back on the road alone and with no help from the service we were paying for.  We dropped them this morning and signed up with GS.

We are retired New Englanders looking to see a bit of the country with our three cats and two miniature Dachshunds.  We have three trips under our belt, with the last being the most eventful.  Bigfoot levelers that wouldn't retract and we got stuck in a slippery field (on separate days) were not fun at all.  We are still getting used to RV life and learning as we go.  I am a retired electrical engineer and my Dad was a jack-of-all-trades type of guy that taught me a lot.  So all this pent-up knowledge is helping us on our journey.

ToyHaulinCo
Explorer
Explorer

Hello Good Sam’s community, I’m Gary and my wife is Paula. We are from the northern metro area of Denver. We are Novice RVers and it seems to be like learning a new language. We just purchased a Keystone Fuzion 424 toy hauler to take out our Can Am X3 on our new chapter of life. We will not be full time RVers. More like a part time job but full time fun. 
We have spoke with many “experts” in the RV world and one of the apps and communities that kept coming up was Good Sam. So we are here for the benefits and knowledge of the members and Good Sam. We hope to learn a lot this year to be  proficient and more comfortable with our rig next year. We are doing baby steps right now and hope to be running with the big dogs soon. 
We are looking forward to meeting new people and enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Any help and suggestions are welcome. Have a good trip. 

KJPJRP
Explorer
Explorer

We bought a 2019 Grand Design 328M.  Just a few more details and we will leave our home in Georgia and travel out West for the next two years.  The plan is to move monthly from state to state and see the sights.  I also have my Harley ultra in the back (toy hailer) so lot's of motorcycle cruises on the agenda.  Can't wait to get started.

Anybody out there do something similiar?  Is a month really long enough to cover a state?

Rldarvin
Explorer
Explorer

Hello I have a 2023 Forest River Surveyor Legend RV. I have my first rental request but having a difficult time locating the forms so I can fill them out online. Retired US Army Ceteran looking to outdoor adventures and memories. Was diagnosed with cancer almost 2 yrs ago. Since then, I have been trying to live my best life because remission isn’t actually for sure till I hit my 5 yr mark. 

Ive been around a minute, thank you

The picture link doesn't work.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

I just used it today (4-21-24) and it worked. 

Yeah, thank you. It worked back 20 years ago...lol.... I wish I knew who I was signed up with. There are some memorable pictures in there

Antiquecmpr
Explorer
Explorer

Hello, my Angel AndrewsBetts and my husband John.  My family and I purchased a new travel trailer in Oct 2023. We finally spent spring break week in the Cougar half ton and love it!  Our daughter is 9, her name is Angelina. We are blessed to have an older daughter Mary who is all grown up. I am looking to make a trip from Nj to Dinosaur National monument this summer. Any information that would help would be appreciated. Happy Camping yo all. 

kayjorg72
Explorer
Explorer

Hello! This is the first tiem here.  We bought a motor home in August 2022.  We live in NM and are planning a trip to AZ this summer.  This  will be our first long trip.  It will be interesting and fun traveling with our 3 fur babies.  Not sure yet what the adventure will llok like.

mayors, we are thinking of a trip to New Mexico this summer. Any tips or suggestions?

Joeshmo1
Explorer
Explorer

My 1st time here, however I'm a full-time Camper on my own lot in Gulf County Florida just 9.8 miles from Mexico Beach ️ 

Enjoying every opportunity the area provides. 

To live here full-time in Gulf County Florida on your own land you must have a permit for Electric, Water & Sewer.

Everything must be installed by a Licensed contractor to pull the permits and do the work.

Ask me anything & I'll be glad to help you out