cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heading West on I-10 to Ft. Pickens, Florida

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. We will be in a 25' Class'A' MoHo heading west on I-10 heading down to Ft.Pickens Fed. Pk. Which way is best, easiest to get there? Should I cut down Rt. 87 east of the city & down to Navarre beach or,... go across the bridge & cut down Rt.90 along the bay to 17th Ave to Rt 98, ...or take I-10 into town & take I-110 down? :h Thanks all.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"
3 REPLIES 3

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

mfox20
Explorer
Explorer
Quickest will be going down 110. There are a lot of lights and traffic on 98 and a lot of 45 mph zones.

The most scenic would be down 87 into Navarre, cross over to Navarre Beach and continue east through Gulf Islands National Seashore to Pensacola Beach. Slow drive also but beautiful with water on both sides. They are working on a widening project on parts of 87 but it doesn't affect traffic much.

And don't forget to stop at Peg Leg Petes for some baked Parmesan Oysters on Fort Pickins Rd. Hmmmmm, good.

We have a place at Navarre Beach, so let me know if you need any other local info.

Have a great time!!
Michael

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Gasser
2013 Honda CR-V Toad

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Last month we ttook I-10 west and, if memory serves, to 110 South which easily led to Hwy 98 south across the long bridge to Gulf Breeze. Then crossed the second shorter Pensacola Beach Road bridge to Santa Rosa island and turned right to the campground.Very straightforward.

Enjoy! When you drive toward the campground, it's amazing how flat and close to the Gulf you are. Feels like driving In the ocean. Easy to see why that road has to close during heavy rain and rising water from both sides.