cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NV: US 95 South of Fallon to Close for Flood Control

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Governor Brian Sandoval announced U.S. 95 south of Fallon will be closed this Thursday, March 9 through Friday, March 17 as the Nevada Department of Transportation installs additional drainage culverts to help protect the roadway during monumental local flood mitigation efforts. This closure will allow the prospective contractor to expedite the most cost effective and timely solution to try and avoid potential flooding of the highway and City of Fallon.

More...
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel
8 REPLIES 8

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Going to Reno, otherwise it would be 15/93/318/6/93/80

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
nevadanick wrote:
Good to know as i am going north from Vegas monday. Easy though, just go through Yerington.

nevadanick are you heading to Elko? If you are why not 376 N out of Tomopah over to 50 and one of the highway off 50 to i-80. Dick

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know as i am going north from Vegas monday. Easy though, just go through Yerington.

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a emergency alert email I just received, it gives a little more detail. Dick

Churchill County Nevada Emergency Alerts
March 9, 2017 10:57 AM
Highway 95 Closure for Flood Preparations
Beginning as early as 10 a.m. Thursday, March 9 through approximately 5 p.m. Friday, March 17, U.S. 95 will be closed between State Route 120 (Pasture Road) south of Fallon and Schurz as construction crews reinforce the road in preparation for floodwaters being diverted from Lahontan Reservoir. Drivers are advised to use other north-south routes as noted by more than 20 posted detour signs.

To help prevent potential flooding in the City of Fallon following historically heavy winter precipitation, the Truckee Carson Irrigation District, in coordination with the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, Churchill County and the City of Fallon, are releasing water out of Lahontan Reservoir. Some of the water is being diverted through the V-Line Canal to Carson Lake Sink and other natural land basins on both sides of U.S. 95 directly south of Fallon. Flood waters are projected to surround the highway in the Carson Lake basin area through the spring and summer.

State Route 120 (Pasture Road) and State Route 718 (Curry Road-Lone Tree Road) may also be impacted by floodwaters

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
BizmarksMom wrote:
Thank you for the head's up! I'm heading for Death Valley in a few weeks.

It will be back open on 03/17/17. Dick

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the head's up! I'm heading for Death Valley in a few weeks.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
Not a word about it in our local Fallon paper today Wednesday 3/8. So much for local news! Dick

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
We need lots of road work in this country...they are turning to dust.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad