cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Provincial campgrounds Kelowna summerland Pentiction

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
As reservation dates coming soon to decide where to go this summer, was just wondering if anybody had some favorite provincial campgrounds in Kelowna summerland Pentiction area they could mention. I will be traveling with a 27ft 5th wheel and looking for nice beaches and places to go day trip while camped there too., Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Bear Creek is good too. If I had only one to choose..I would do Haynes in Osoyoos. It really is top-notch for views and proximity to beach...right at the door step if you book the outside ring. Then I would still slect Okangan Lake...good access to the lake, open sites, etc. And close to most all lakes and points of interest. That Kelowna and West Kelowna traffic is sucky.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
Also any thoughts on Bear Creek provincial campground?

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks i will look into these and any other suggestions, i know what you mean about reserving as soon as you can, sometimes its like winning the lottery when you actually can book a bc campground where you want and at the time you want!

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
Kekuli Bay is nice, but not many sites right on the water. Hilly, terraced sites, great views!!

Vaseaux Lake is pretty small, and was pretty tough getting a 34' trailer into one of the only "larger" sites!! Don't think reservations are taken at Vaseaux.

'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I would prefer the Okanagan Lake Prov Park cg. Then you have Sun-Oka, and Vaseux. Lake Haynes Point in Osoyoos is #1...but a bugger to get in. The outside sites are right on the water.

Don't delay tho..once you can book...do so.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/