cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Southern NJ to Cape Coral Fla

RJL
Explorer
Explorer
If all goes well we're planning on heading to Cape Coral Fla in the am. I've made this trip a few times before in the MH as well as just the Jeep. On a few occassions my GPS brings me into DC. I know I should know my route and not rely on the crummy GPS but I try to just concentrate on driving and dragging our towed. We have the Magellan RV GPS by the way. Not over joyed with this unit but we have it and plan on using it again. What road should I stay away from that will bring me into the nightmare of DC both heading down and on our way back next month?

Thanks

Bob
2010 Damon Challenger 368, F-53 Chasis
2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited, Toad
2018 Ram 1500 4x4, Club Cab, 6.4 bed,3.92 gears, 5.7 HEMI
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body, 6.4 HEMI
6 REPLIES 6

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
JK's route is also my route of choice from North Jersey

Rambler
Explorer II
Explorer II
RJL
That's the one down 301, Walmart in Middletown will let you spend the night if needed.
I run that route every year down and back. We are presently returning back home to Middletown from North Fort Myers, Florida now. Just waiting for the snow to pass then will continue up 95 to exit 104 fuel up at Flying J then about three 1/2 hours home to Delaware.

Safe Travels
Rambler
Rambler
"Going Somewhere"
2022 Holiday Rambler Invicta 33HB
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
RVI3 Brake System
& Martin Guitar

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
My grandparents took US301 to Florida and back every year. It was before I-95 was complete. It goes all the way to Sarasota where it connects to the Tamiami Trail.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

RJL
Explorer
Explorer
jk31668 wrote:
take the del mem bridge. get off on rte 1 south towards the beaches. take 299 exit thru middletown and then south on 301. cross the annapolis bridge and then in a little bit take the 301 s exit towards richmond. then take the bowling green cutoff which brings you onto 95 just north of richmond. this will allow you to bypass balt. and dc.

Perfect.I'm gonna print this out and bring it with me.

Thank you
2010 Damon Challenger 368, F-53 Chasis
2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited, Toad
2018 Ram 1500 4x4, Club Cab, 6.4 bed,3.92 gears, 5.7 HEMI
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body, 6.4 HEMI

jk31668
Explorer
Explorer
take the del mem bridge. get off on rte 1 south towards the beaches. take 299 exit thru middletown and then south on 301. cross the annapolis bridge and then in a little bit take the 301 s exit towards richmond. then take the bowling green cutoff which brings you onto 95 just north of richmond. this will allow you to bypass balt. and dc.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We do that route a lot (original home base in the Augusta, GA, area, grandkids in the Baltimore area). There are few good choices for avoiding either Baltimore or DC when going north/south along the coast. We have settled in to the west loop(s) around both Baltimore and DC pulling our 36' fifth wheel and the wife driving the Toyota behind. Just stay a lane or to in from the right and plow on through - and avoid rush hours, of course!

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015