cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A place to camp and also leave camper near New Orleans

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
We have a cruise planned that leaves on a Monday out of NOLA. I'd like to spend the weekend before exploring the area from the camper as a home base, then I need a safe place to park the TT while we are gone for 6 days. Willing to leave it on a camping spot if it's safe and not too pricy. Could move it to a cheaper space.

Any ideas?

Jim
5 REPLIES 5

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
On our past 3cruises out of NOLA, we first went to Gulf Shores, AL. Left Rv stored there for 1.50 per day.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
New Orleans West KOA, River Ridge LA is where we stayed. We felt perfectly safe there. I would call and ask about storage.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
If you had a Passport America membership, Ponchartrain Landing would be my recommendation. They have a shuttle that will take you to the French Quarter. If you were really nice and offered to pay would they take you to the ship?

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the KOA in slidel might work. stay in a FHU site the first nights and move it to a tent site if they will let you for the week.
bumpy

MCDDY
Explorer
Explorer
Bayou Segnette SP on the Westbank might work. Their local # is 504-736-7140. Unless there is a big event in N.O. like Sugar Bowl, Bayou Classic, etc. they usually aren't crowded during the week. Paved sites, 50A, water, wi-fi and dump. 20min. from the CBD. They also accept Golden Passport but I think it's only for in-state guests.

Hope it works
Dave
GEAUX TIGERS

Dave, Miss Sue & Lucy the Scotty
Big Easy Area.
FMCA 153192
2000 Monaco Windsor, 40' 2 Slide, ISC 350 HP.
2012 Honda Pilot or 1998 Blazer Toads
Aventa 2, Brake Buddy