cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Branches of Niagara Campground & Resort

Rambler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just wondering if anyone has stayed at Branches of Niagara Campground & Resort?
Have looked at RV Park Reviews and it looks like a good located park while visiting.
Just wanted to know how the traffic and travel was for sightseeing from this location?

Thanks in Advance for any info and tips
Rambler
"Going Somewhere"
2022 Holiday Rambler Invicta 33HB
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
RVI3 Brake System
& Martin Guitar
7 REPLIES 7

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
We're going to Glimmerglass State Park near Cooperstown, Robert H Treman State Park near Ithaca, Nicks Lake in the Adirondacks (all firsts for us) and Allegany State Park over Labor day that we do each year. We have a couple other full hookup private campground trips planned too this summer in Ohio and PA. Now that I'm retired, I can go anytime. Just need my wife to retire so we can go on longer trips.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, Four Mile is one of our favorite NY parks. We probably won't get there until after Labor Day this year though. We'll be at Robert Moses State Park near Massena, NY for Labor day week, and then we'll run along the Seaway Trail on our way to Michigan, with a stop at Four Mile for a few days.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Dutch, we stayed at 4 Mile Creek State Park over Memorial Day Weekend. We love it there. Because of all the rain though, our site was under water. But give the staff 5 stars! They moved us to an overflow area that was every bit as nice. They even mowed for us before we backed our camper in. We were going to dry camp anyway this time so it worked out perfectly. Can't say enough good about 4 Mile Creek!

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Branches a few times and it's a nice enough park, albeit a bit pricey. Our preference in that area is Four Mile Creek State Park, about 20 minutes north of the falls on the shore of Lake Ontario. Your car pass at Four Mile also gets you into Old Fort Niagara and Niagara Falls State Parks at no charge for parking/day use.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Rambler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey thanks for the feedback.
I am thinking of going in middle to late August if I can get a site?
Most likely that is peak / busy time of year there.

Thanks Again
Rambler
Delaware
Rambler
"Going Somewhere"
2022 Holiday Rambler Invicta 33HB
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
RVI3 Brake System
& Martin Guitar

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We also stayed at Branches of Niagara. Ditto what RobWNY said. When we were there the bridge was toll one way going to Niagara Falls. I think it was a dollar. We didn't experience any traffic delays. Parking was an issue at the falls. We got there early.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
We camped at Branches of Niagara 2 summers ago. Here's the pluses: Great campground. Friendly staff, very clean, sites are good size. If you have kids, there's plenty for them to do. Playground, Zip line, man made lake (think very large pond) etc. If you have young kids, Fantasy Island is less than a mile away. Getting to and from the campground is easy and not overly congested with traffic. Gas station less than a mile away too. Niagara Falls is very close as is Old Fort Niagara. Now for the minuses: Grand Island Bridge is fairly narrow for a 2 lane road. Not a huge deal but you have to pay attention to the road if you have a big camper. Leave the sightseeing from the bridge for the rest of your passengers lol. Traffic to and from the Falls can be congested Depending on the time of day you get there and when you leave. Same goes for heading into Buffalo. Stick to off travel times and you'll be fine (No morning or evening rush hour, lunch hour etc.) If going to the Canadian side, have your passports and there could be a significant delay crossing the border. That's always hit or miss. You could spend 5 minutes or 2 hours waiting. If you would like to know anything else, feel free to message me.