cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charleston SC

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
This isn’t a camping question but I wasn’t sure where I should post this. My wife wants to go to Charleston SC next May for here birthday but not to camp. I was wondering if anyone has been there and where would be a good place to stay and be in walking distance to see the sights, shop and of course eat. Thanks for the help.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
7 REPLIES 7

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
JICP has some cabins.
-jbh-

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love Charleston, so rich in history. We visited a couple of plantations and southern mansions. Did the various tours including the horse drawn carriage tours and great eating. Would go back in a minute given the chance. Don't have recommendations on where to stay non-RV.

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bears Den said he isn't camping.

We stay at a Hampton Inn in Mt. Pleasant right across the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge. At this point you would be very close to Patriot's Point if interested in visiting the Yorktown. I believe there is a ferry that goes from that area to Fort Sumter as well. Driving into Charleston from there is not that big of a deal.

If money is no issue, try staying at Two Meeting Street Inn.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ladson KOA is a dump. Its only redeeming value is it close to Charleston. The KOA in Mt. Pleasant is great. James Island County Park is good too. Another place that’s good is Oak Plantation Campground.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lots to see and do there. I put 450+ miles on our Smart car there in 1 week. Lots of good food places to. James Island is hard to get into I stayed at Ladson KOA. It wasn't much but right by the interstate and 5-10 min to downtown. We had a really good time there.

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Take the trailer and stay at James Island County Park. You'll love it.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Try to go a little sooner -- early or mid-April when the flowers are blooming at the gardens a few miles outside Charleston. Do a google search for the best time

Click For Full-Size Image.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos