cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Colorado campground along I-70 in the Rockies

DickOK
Explorer
Explorer
Have checked campground books and rvparkreviews. We are looking for a campground along I-70 in the Rockies the first part of October. Do not need a lot of amenities. Looking mainly for great views, 50 amp and room for 36 ft 5th wheel.
Dick OK
8 REPLIES 8

crabbin_cabin
Explorer
Explorer
Amie's Acres - just west of Glenwood Springs - use the west Glenwood exit and north frontage road heading west.
Also - there used to be one (not sure if it is still there (someone please??) across the Eagle River just east of where the Eagle River joins the Colorado, near Dotsero. Also a BLM cg along the Colorado in that area.

jessjerr1831
Explorer
Explorer
James M. Robb-Colorado River State Park Along I-70 From just east of Palisades (Island Acres Section) to Fruita, Colorado. Camp and explore along the Colorado River. Lots to see and do in the area. /www.parks.state.co.us/Parks/jamesmrobbcoloradoriver/Pages/JamesMRobbHome.aspx

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
DickOK wrote:
Have checked campground books and rvparkreviews. We are looking for a campground along I-70 in the Rockies the first part of October. Do not need a lot of amenities. Looking mainly for great views, 50 amp and room for 36 ft 5th wheel.

Don't limit yourself to the I-70 corridor look at the state parks IMHO they are some of the best secrets (not really a secret) in Colorado, we have yet to stay at one we did not enjoy -- In October you will not need 50amps as the A/C is not needed.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Crodad
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
Tiger Run in Breckenridge isn't far off I70.

X2. great area to explore winter or summer.
2015 F-250 PSD 4x4 XLT
2016 Silverback 31RK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCOFLIDLAMSMTNVNMTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Tiger Run in Breckenridge isn't far off I70.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Jamboree89
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Rifle Gap State Park, stayed there in August 2012.
1998 Monaco Dynasty
Scion Xb
Collin and Alfie the dogs

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Rifle Gap State Park at the town of Rifle is very nice with views and a great little town. Close to the interstate.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked their State Parks?
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.