cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help, where am I

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here we sit toosh deep in snow and finally going thru our pics from our spring trip to wile away the hours. Got our map & itinerary, but have some extra photos of we don't know where. All we can figure out is that it is somewhere between Lake Eufaula State Park and Lost Bridge North Park. (In Oklahoma and into Arkansas) The date stamp on the pics places the photos in this order.
Has got to be either a state park or a COE. Municipal/county parks could be an option, but I don't think so on this trip. The only thing I can make out is the camp site number is #88, which eliminates some parks.
I realize it's a long shot, but what the heck, thought I'd try it.

thanks

Mod Edit: Fixed image issue.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
8 REPLIES 8

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
My apologies to all. I had it backwards. The photo was Lake Eufaula State Park. My earlier photos, which I thought were Eufaula were actually a prior stop. Which turns out to be Lake Thunderbird SP. (I think). We were on a route from Oklahoma City to St. Louis, MO via Lost Bridge North Park, Beaver Lake area, through Montauk SP, MO to St. Louis.
The problem we had, was we had a map and an itinerary, both different from each other and also different from our actual route, which often does change, but we didn't update either map or itinerary.
Thanks for all your help.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
My apologies to all. I had it backwards. The photo was Lake Eufaula State Park. My earlier photos, which I thought were Eufaula were actually a prior stop. Which turns out to be Lake Thunderbird SP. (I think).
The problem we had was we had a map and an itinerary, both different from each other and also different from our actual route, which often does change, but we didn't update either map or itinerary.
Thanks for all your help.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Which route did you take, through lower Ar or Memphis?

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a COE spot to me. Very pretty.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guessing: COE camp on a river, it sure looks like a COE spot anyway.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
To bad it wasn't a telephone picture. Most recent phones put a lat/long in the exif data. I actually have my newer Canon talking to my phone so it can include the location in the data. It has saved my bacon a couple of times now.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Got it now! Nice campsite. If taken with an iPhone doesnโ€™t Apple tell you generally where you were?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Image didnโ€™t appear at least for me.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad