cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Letchworth State Park

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a loop/campsite we like to be away from others and we have two Goldens retrievers appears that there are loops for non pet owners. Thanks for any input.
4 REPLIES 4

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to believe a state cg that discourages bringing the dog have not seen that before. Oh well we will give it a go.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Here is info from ReserveAmenica about Letchworth SP

NO PEtS are allowed in Loops 300, 400, 500, 600 and 800!
Pets are ONLY allowed in the 100, 200 and 700 Highbanks camping loops. Only 2 pets permitted per site. Current rabies certifficate required.

I use google maps to verify size and location of any site. Most sites are not on top of one another, but the ones farthest from the loop enterance ususally back up to the woods.

We camp there at least twice a year, for the balloon festival, and for the 3 day arts and craft show.

It's a beautiful park, and don't for get to tour the dam.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If it's busy, I don't think you'll find any sites completely removed from others. They generally aren't right on top of one another, though, like most nice state parks.

I found this site to be most helpful when picking out campsite there (and at some of the other NY state parks he's managed to document).

Scooter86
Explorer
Explorer
The outside of loop 100 is probably your best bet then. Go for the backside as some sights actually connect in the back with loop 200 such as 107 and 239. Most of the outside sights are pretty roomy though. I want to say 135 was one we really enjoyed that would work for you. Those back up to woods and can be muddy however.