cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Missing Florida Sun in Seattle

Lynn608
Explorer
Explorer
Hi fellow rv,ers - I'm hoping someone will be able to help with our dilemma. We moved from the Nature Coast in Florida to a rural area just outside of Seattle to be near our family and we now live on a farm which is wonderful most of the year. The winters however, are WET and overcast. DH and I keep pining for Florida sun just for a wee bit and check out our pelicans and herons but realistically driving 10 days to have a beer overlooking the river is madness at our ages - 75 yrs young. So, here's where we need the help - we don't know the California areas at all really. Would love to find a nice little town/village with a nice little rv park with a supermarket not too far away and some nature to walk in. The weather just has to be walk around weather. Not asking much are we... lol. We don't mind a 3 or 4 day drive with our little 25ft Mary. Obviously we are researching as much as we can but any help from our rv neighbors would be great. We've had wonderful advice from the forum for years. Hope everyone is keeping well and still enjoying the RV life in our little sanitized pods.
Thanks and I look forward to your thoughts.
Lynn
12 REPLIES 12

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Lynn608 wrote:
That's very kind of you! Where will you go in January.. I promise we won't follow...
Arizona!

Lynn608
Explorer
Explorer
That's very kind of you! Where will you go in January.. I promise we won't follow...

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
So come on over here to the East Side of Washington. Sunny today and 67!

You could park in my driveway. But in January we will head south because it is too cloudy and chilly here!

dedmiston
Kidding aside, I tip my hat to you for moving close to your family. I like your values.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
Lynn608 wrote:
Thanks bedminster and all, great info and yes please move me ??

Done. Moved from Roads and Routes.

And I have to compliment you Lynn608 for the remarkable misspelling of my name. You mangled almost every consonant. :B :B

Yours truly,
Dave Edmiston ๐Ÿ™‚

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lynn608
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks bedminster and all, great info and yes please move me ??

dedmiston
By the way, you'll get a different kind of responses from the RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions forum. I'd be happy to move this over there for you if you'd like.

This Roads and Routes forum is more for directions from point A to point B.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
Morro Bay is definitely great (as is the entire Central Coast). Don't bet on the sunshine though, because it likes to stay overcast there. It will get sunnier as you go further south towards Santa Barbara.

I think the Central Coast is a nicer place though. You can drive up to Cambria and hike along the boardwalk on the bluffs and see more otters than you'll see in the rest of your lifetime.

The wine tasting up in Paso Robles is first rate too. You can make a big loop up the Cuesta grade to Paso Robles and make stops all along the highway and end up in Cambria to get a bite to eat before you head back along the coast to Morro Bay. The wineries are doing an amazing job of offering tasting while enforcing social distancing.

Actually, if you want more of a guarantee for sun, stay at the Cava Robles in Paso Robles and then make your day trips over the hills to the coast. It's a much nicer park than the RV parks in Morro Bay. The state park in Morro Bay is pretty nice though (very different experiences).

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I vote with Dick...check out Morro Bay.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
Morro Bay on the central CA coast. We like the small RV park on Main street. Cypress RV & Mobilehome Park. 1121 Main St 93442 (805) 772-2515.
Brookings Oregon isn't too bad in winter, very close to CA/OR line.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Central Coast or the desert.
Learn the ways of eastern Washington.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Not an expert on the west coast, but

Eureka CA and that coast area can be as cloudy and rainy/ overcast as where you are.

I found the Oregon coast, especially Newport to Tillamook, to be exceptional. But I wasn't there in the winter.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT