cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need midweek RV park near Dallas

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be traveling through Texas this week and have business on wed and Thursday. Need an RV park near one of the major highways in Or near Dallas.

Suggestions?.
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT
2 REPLIES 2

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
What PawPaw said. You don't want to be on one side of Dallas and having meetings on the other side.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Where in Dallas?

The COE Hickory Creek CG just north off I-35 after the Lake Lewisville Bridge or the commercial Destiny RV Resort are good if you are going to be in northern Dallas.

The Vineyards at Grapevine are convenient to DFW airport. And to downtown.

Cedar Hill State Park and Trader Village RV Park are good for southwest / southern Dallas.

For the east side there isn't much except Plantation Place RV which has repaired their damage from the Dec 26, 2015 tornado.

We usually stay at one of the COE parks on Lake Lavon because our kids and grandkids are in Plano and our doctors in that area. Will be at East Fork on Monday.

EDIT - Cleaned up cell phone spelling and added links

Hickory Creek

Destiny RV

Vineyards at Grapevine

Cedar Hill SP

Trader Village Dallas RV

Plantation Place RV

Lake Lavon

I have stayed at Hickory Creek, Cedar Hill SP and all three campgrounds on Lake Lavon. Friends whose opinion about RV parks have stayed at The Vineyards Campground in Grapevine, Plantation Place, Trader Village and Destiny Dallas and found them to be good parks.

Hickory Creek and East Fork COE parks have 50 amp power and water. No sewer at the site. Lavonia COE park on the east side of Lake Lavon has 30 amp power water and sewer sites. Cedar Hill State Park does have some 50/W/S FHU sites.

The other four are FHU commercial campgrounds.

Another possibility is the City of Lewisville run Lake Park Campground - Lake Park

There are a couple other close in RV parks - I've known people who stayed in those - and they were not happy.

The bad news

1) There is currently highway construction on I-35E from the City of Denton split down across Lake Lewisville where a new bridge is nearing completion. That might make your drive from Destiny Dallas RV, Hickory Creek or Lake Park into downtown delay filled.

2) Cedar Hill State Park does not have all campsites back in operation after flooding in 2015 and 2016. The hilltop loops in areas H and G are open - the ones with 50/W/S.

3) There is highway construction on TX-78 from Wylie to Lavon which backs up traffic in the evening headed east and in the morning headed west. This would impact your travel if you stay at Lavonia.

I'm not aware on any construction on the south, east or west approaches to the city. Just normal heavy traffic into the area.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT