cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv resorts in or around dallas

hammer01
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a resort style campground in or around Dallas. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff
9 REPLIES 9

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
kid friendly

If you are traveling with kids and don't mind being a little bit out of the way, this might be one you'd want to look at. There is larger family entertainment factor going from Arlington to the west that just staying in Dallas.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Are you traveling with kids? If so, then Treetops might be a better alternative because a lot of stuff for kids is located in the Arlington area (Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor water park, Texas Rangers baseball) and this could save the potential to do a lot of driving.

The Vineyards is nice, don't get me wrong, but it's located more in a retail park of the metroplex with plenty of places to shop and eat (Bass Pro, Grapevine Mills Mall, etc) but not much in the way of entertaining kids except for the waterpark at Great Wolf Lodge which would be expensive !!!

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Traders Village close to Six Flags.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
If open we stayed at Hickory creek CoE park just off I-35 E in Carrollton texas. It is just north of Dallas and is a very nice park. In the past it as been closed due to high water in lewsville lake.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

hammer01
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback guys. We plan to stay in the DFW area just for a week or so, trying to somewhere different this vacation. It's definitely looking like vineyards so far.

Thanks again,

Jeff

oldokie
Explorer
Explorer
www.treetopsrv.com
Arlington,tx
2001 excursion 7.3 diesel
2013 starcraft autumn ridge 27bh

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Destiny, south of Denton, calls itself a resort, but the reviews on rvparkreviews.com are not particularly impressive.

We stayed at Destiny while building our house. It's basically a former KOA right on the access road of the interstate. Definitely not a resort but a convenient place if you don't need fancy.
2017 LTV Unity

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Plantation Place RV

I have never been there so I can't personally attest to their claims of #1 RV park in Dallas.

Are you looking to stay in Dallas, or just in the DFW area?

The Vineyards in Grapevine is a nice campground with PLENTY of stuff to do in the surrounding area.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
The Vineyards in Grapevine is probably as close to a resort as you will find. Destiny, south of Denton, calls itself a resort, but the reviews on rvparkreviews.com are not particularly impressive.

Disclaimer: living in the general area I have not stayed at either.