cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wow, what a nice park...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were headed home from Angel Fire {northeastern NM in the southern Rockies}, got to Gallup NM and decided to call it a day as the rain was getting heavy. The Rand McNally GPS popped up with the USA RV Park just a few miles down the road. What a great park!

Water and electric, 30 amp, nice level sites in a very large park -paved roads with plenty of small gravel in the sites, pool, outdoor chess board, putting green/minature golf {sort of}, WiFi, and best of all Bar B Q dinner cooked and served right on the property. The staff here is awesome...

Thirty bucks and change got us a nice site and, the BBQ dinner is very reasonable. Already met some very nice folks and they are pouring in. Thunderstorms headed our way and great to be in such a nice park, snug and secure for the night. Back to Tucson in the morning, about a 6 hour cruise. Whoooo Hooo, life is good!

We will be back!

:B
6 REPLIES 6

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
X5 Stayed in 2012 enroute from LA back to MN with our new to us Lazy Daze. Park was full...they put me in an overflow area for $10 . Got my time zones mixed up and missed the ice cream social.
(I still haven't gotten over that loss.)

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Double ditto. Great value for a nice park and courteous staff.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that it is a nice stopover park. We have stayed there several times and will again when traveling on I-40. As stated the owner and staff are great.
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Been there several times and will be there on way back from CO.

Obviously, we would not go back unless it was to our liking.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dinner, a BBQ chicken breast, beans and cole slaw was $7,95. We brought our own beverages (a couple of cold brewskies the whole 30 yards from our rig), and thoroughly enjoyed.

Like I said before... we'll be back!

PS: The Park is just west of the approach for the local airport but as you can imagine there is not a lot of air traffic coming and going into Gallup. You can hear the rail line to the north if you listen hard while outside... just pretend you are at a typical KOA for a lot less money and you will be fine.

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I agree. We have stopped there 3 times in the last few years.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet