cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drawer glide/slide recommendations

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
The silverware drawer slide open, and unlike previous times came out hard enough the drawer slide actually broke

I'd like some brand/model recommendations for "boat" style glides. The cabinet mounting is fairly conventional face-frame
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.
6 REPLIES 6

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
n7bsn wrote:
I've got a note out to Northwood
Old Duck understands, boat or marine slides have a catch or drop that keeps them from coming out accidently

Just a word of caution, the ones on my Arctic Fox noted in my signature are not the KV8400RV slides. Northwood uses a lighter weight slide (75 lb. instead of 100) and uses a roller catch to keep them closed (unless they came stripped from the factory like a couple of mine did). I don't have any real issues with the ones Northwood uses, but they are not what my top choice would be.

I may at least for the larger drawers in the kitchen replace them with the KV8400RV slides. The smaller drawers are fine with the lighter ones from the factory and the roller catch.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a note out to Northwood
Old Duck understands, boat or marine slides have a catch or drop that keeps them from coming out accidently
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Check out KV8400RV drawer slides from woodworkers hardware. Full extension, 100# slides made for RV's. I installed them in an older fifth wheel and never regretted it. You will need 1/2" clearance between the drawer and face frame opening as mentioned on each side. How these work is there is a bit of a catch that holds them shut. When you pull them open it will take a bit more effort.

FWIW, I doubt any HD or Lowes carries them, my local one didn't. Now you can check a stores inventory online so you might bring it up, put in KV8400RV and see if you get a hit on their inventory.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know about "boat style" and as others have said Home Depot / Lowes carry good quality slides. You could add magnets to help hold them shut. Drill a hole part way through the cabinet and the same on the drawer. Glue in magnets that meet each other to hold it shut.

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
Almost any full extension glide should work.
They typically rquire 1/2" clearance on each side.
Check your measurements and pick up a pair at a big box store.
I have installed many of these, not a hard task.

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Since you have a late model Arctic Fox...we do also I would think that any "full extension" drawer glides would work as a replacement.

Home Depot, Lowe's has a large selection.

You could also call Northwood (Arctic Fox) directly. I have done this a couple of time and they were very helpful. They even sent me a couple of replacement parts (magnetic compartment door catches) for free.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro