Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard pathway x1 detachable roof mount

aza2010
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone,

I am currently in the market for a TV satellite. I am looking at buying the Winegard pathway x1. I was curious if anyone had figured out a mount that can easily be detached. That way if I happen to park somewhere I can't get signal I can detach and run a cable to a remote location to get signal. I know the best answer is to just keep it mobile but I would like it attached to the roof for storage purposes and such.
8 REPLIES 8

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The unit would be fine in the airstream just like a roof mounted unit. However, having it stick that far off the side of the coach would motivate me to take it off during travel.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

aza2010
Explorer
Explorer
Now I just have to bring myself to buy the ladder mount. Very expensive !

My ladder is on the side of my unit since it is a toy hauler.

I'd imagine I'll have to take the unit down while traveling since it will be in more of an airstream. No biggie I spend usually a month or so at a time at destinations.

Thanks for the insight.

Any one oppose the dish service? Or the pathway X1?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
It appears there has been an update and the MT4000 is compatible with the X1. You do need a ladder on the back of the coach to secure the bracket and you would then have wiring that runs down the ladder to some entry point in the coach. This could be an external connection labeled Sat In from the manufacturer or a connection point you create or modify. When you want to do the ground use you just twist the antenna off the mount, untie the cables from whatever secured them while traveling and place it where you please. You could also disconnect and reconnect the cabling each time you move the RV but I suspect it would be left on the roof more time than it's on the ground unless you do a lot of "under the trees" camping.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

aza2010
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
The Winegard ladder mount does not fit the X1 so it cannot be used in that manner. It's certainly possible that you could buy it and modify it to fit the X1 but you would need to figure out how to make a new mounting base or modify the existing one. The unit will not be damaged and Winegard will not void your warranty should you come up with some kind of a temp roof mount. The Carryout has been used in that manner for years. I have no idea why Winegard make the feet of the X1 incompatible with their own ladder mount unit.

Not sure if the MT 4000 mount is new or not? the wineguard website says that it is compatible with the pathway x1. Maybe there is a special foot kit I need to go with it?

Research continues!!!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Winegard ladder mount does not fit the X1 so it cannot be used in that manner. It's certainly possible that you could buy it and modify it to fit the X1 but you would need to figure out how to make a new mounting base or modify the existing one. The unit will not be damaged and Winegard will not void your warranty should you come up with some kind of a temp roof mount. The Carryout has been used in that manner for years. I have no idea why Winegard make the feet of the X1 incompatible with their own ladder mount unit.

aza2010
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
You might want to consider a ladder mount kit.

Richard

I was looking at the ladder mount, but I found that the satellite says don't use it and the mount says compatible. The only reason I could come up with is that they don't want liability of someone falling off the ladder to try and put the dish up.

I think the ladder mount will be the way to go from what I've learned so far.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to consider a ladder mount kit.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think a pathway would last long at highway speeds.