cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bedroom AC?

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Does the bedroom AC feed the whole trailer or just the bedroom? Living room AC doesnโ€™t come close to keeping up?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk
12 REPLIES 12

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
The bedroom A/C is attached to a 'race track' ducting system. However, if we open the vent on the A/C unit itself, then the cold are just comes directly out of the A/C unit and into the bedroom.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

bama2
Explorer II
Explorer II
Toolguy5 wrote:
padredw wrote:
It really depends on your trailer whether it is ducted or not. As for ours, we are with Gearitis:

Mine is not ducted. So we place a fan and blow it down the hall and stairs. Makes a BIG difference.

X3

x4

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Nv Guy wrote:
Yep, we have common ducting. When running only one at a time BR A/C is felt more in L/R than L/R A/C is felt in the BR.

I have common ducting also but never had them on one a ttime to check air flow front to back and back to front to see which one pushes the most air the other direction
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
weather it is ducted or not, make sure your return inside the unit is sealed as it should be. take the filter off and look at the duct area just inside. sometimes the tape inside is not sealing where it needs to. if not, get some aluminum duct tape, the good stuff and seal it up. If it is ducted take a vent off at each end of the trailer and make sure you don't have any obstruction. For us, i had an issue with both, took care of them and my 15k unit takes care of the 33 foot fifth wheel. Also make sure you set your fan to on, not auto so it circulates the air all the time and it also helps it from freezing up. another option that helps is bubble foil for the windows.good luck

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
Ours shares ducting, so if we run the bedroom AC, it does a reasonable job cooling the LR, and vice versa.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
My sister and her husband has a 5th wheel and they replaced one of their vents in their living area with a DOMETIC ATWOOD AIRCOMMAND
13,500 BTU, NON-DUCTED A/C, NON-DUCTED It made a huge difference in their RV. They spend a lot of time in Parker, AZ. on the river. We did the same thing with our motorhome, best thing we ever did.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
It really depends on your trailer whether it is ducted or not. As for ours, we are with Gearitis:

Mine is not ducted. So we place a fan and blow it down the hall and stairs. Makes a BIG difference.

X3
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep, we have common ducting. When running only one at a time BR A/C is felt more in L/R than L/R A/C is felt in the BR.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad

Gearitis
Explorer
Explorer
2015 F-350 King Ranch
2015 Sabre Silhouette Select 312RKDS

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Some bedroom ACs are direct to bedroom, with overhead controls. If yours is ducted, it likely uses same as living room ducts.

Jerry

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Often the two may share some duct work.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.