cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad

We have a ‘21 Montana 3761 fl. It’s 41’ long and 13’ 4” tall.  Iv only ever used google maps,and so far its worked fine. Starting in the spring we’re going to start venturing out farther. I’m thinking of going with the RV.net so that it knows the height and weight of our rig . That way it doesn’t send us down a road with low bridges or under weight roads. Does anyone have any experience with this? How‘bout the pros and cons? Thanks ahead of time fo everyone’s help.

3 REPLIES 3

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Check out Route-1 at www.lowclearances.com.  It's a simple POI database that you can load into almost all GPS hard and software.  $75 for the U.S. and Canadian databases with lifetime updates.  Over 8,000 low clearance data points listed and you can load your rig's specs for height and weight restrictrictions.

Lyle

2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

OverNightSensat
Explorer III
Explorer III

I have, and recommend, the Garmin RV 785.  It saved my --- when forced of an exit downtown in St. Louis at 2am!  (45' fifthwheel) It got me back on I-70 without a hitch. No, I don't ever want to do that again.

2020 Chevrolet C/C 3500HD DRW Duramax
2021 Vengeance Rogue Armored 351 G2 Toy Hauler 45''
2021 Can Am Maverick Trail 1000 DPS

If a hammer can't fix it, you got yourself an electrical problem!

Rockycb21
Explorer II
Explorer II

Garmin sells the "Garmin RV Navigator", let's you enter in all your RV & truck info, (height / length etc) then directs you accordingly, no monthly fees, bo need to be online etc.  I got mine used at a good cost on one of the local marketplaces.