cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happijac beds in garage not lowering

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
SO I thought I would post this in case anyone has the same issue with their beds in the back of a toy hauler. I brought my trailer out of storage this past weekend. I am going camping this weekend so Ive been going through it getting everything ready. I went to lower the beds in the back and fond they wouldn't come down. They would raise up and finally got to the point where they wouldn't move at all as the upper bunk hit the limiting switch.

I found instructions on their website of things to check. I tested the switch and lower limit switch. Both worked as they should. Obviously it had power as the bunks did move up. I finally reached up and released the brake so the beds came down. I hit the switch again and now the bunks wouldn't go up or down. Tracked down the fuse and it was blown. SO I replaced the fuse and was back to the beds going up but not down.

I checked the connections at the module and motor and they looked ok. Put everything back together and won't go down. I grabbed a phone cable to test the connection between the switch and module and still no change. I then decided to unplug the limiting switches and no it wouldn't move. Plug them back in and found the wires have to be a closed circuit for the bed to move. So I jumped the one set of terminals and bed moved up. I then jumped the terminals on the other set and the bed moved down. Ok maybe the wires between the module and lower switch were bad. I cut off the connector and joined the wires then plugged it into the module therefore bypassing the witch and wiring. Bed wouldn't drop down again.

It turns out that the little crappy connector that plugs into the module was the issue. If I just join the the terminals together the bed now works just fine as it did before. I will now make a proper pigtail at work and get rid of that junk they use. Simple fix.
8 REPLIES 8

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
The_real_wild1 wrote:
Happijac has a good break down on their site and what things look like as well.

Yes indeed they do. I downloaded the instructions, wiring diagram, troubleshooting and printed them out and carry them in the trailer.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
Happijac has a good break down on their site and what things look like as well.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Could one of you post a pic or link to those switches? We don't use those beds on every trip, but I don't want to wait for Murphy's Law to strike.

They're actually inside the vertical runners, one at the top, one at the bottom.

I'll try to remember to look at the spare I have and shoot you a pic.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
Could one of you post a pic or link to those switches? We don't use those beds on every trip, but I don't want to wait for Murphy's Law to strike.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
its a good system but not very well installed. I had both limit switches break on mine at the same time, naturally when we were out camping and the beds were down. Thought I was going to have to take them apart to load up and go home but found the issue, jumped them out and got the beds up. Replacement reed switches are very cheap, I keep a spare in the drawer now. But the wiring is atrocious, not secured, poorly crimped, etc. And the circuit board was behind the trailer control panel held up by a single screw, unbelievable what they get away with.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
Well hopefully if someone has issues in the future this can help.

Y-Guy
Thanks for sharing with everyone!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
That's some of the best troubleshooting I've seen here in a while. Thanks for the info.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE