cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height of Solitude 360RL

mikem7
Explorer
Explorer
We presently have a Reflection 337RLS and are considering replacing it with a Solitude 360RL. The height of the Solitude is listed at 13'5", where our Reflection was listed at 12'4". I am a little concerned with that height, should I be? I know to be on the looked for low overpasses and such, but will 13'5" be pushing things? Is this a concern for anyone else or am I worrying unnecessarily? I am wondering why Grand Design chose to put a regular AC unit on the front as opposed to a low profile.
TIA
2012 F350 6.7 SRW SB Lariat
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
2015 Ford Explorer Limited
2013 Coachmen Classic 1285 SST
Mike and Jill, with Mesa the Wonder Dog
2006 Harley Ultra
3 REPLIES 3

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 13'6" and in the last 2 years it hasn't been a problem. Like it was said before, you have to pay attention in the forest roads and at the campsites. Its possible for tree limbs to be hanging needing a trim.

I never had any damage, but I've been known to stop and get out with my laser tape measure to check the height.

I read on a forum somewhere (maybe this one) that an RV'r bought one of those golf ball retriever clubs, stretched it out and marked the poles so that he could easily extend it to match his trailer height. Then he just walks into the spots and if the tool clears, then no worries.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Only issue I've had in five years was a low telephone line that caught my front A/C and ripped it down. This was on a back road not to far from my house. It was replaced at the proper height. We are at 13'4".
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 13'6" and it's usually not a problem unless I'm in a National Forest, or any other camp facility that doesn't realize it's the 21st century and there's these things called RVs that are kinda tall.

I think that's likely to be your main problem. There just aren't that many low overpasses - at least not out west.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman