cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How tall jack pads on landing gear

davisenvy
Explorer
Explorer
I recently had to put a lift on my FW in order for it to tow level. Now my jacks (landing gear and stabilizing jacks) have too far to travel to the ground. How tall of a jack pad can I put under my landing gear. I know I could put a redwood stump under it that was 3 ft tall, but lets keep this within reason. I want the smallest, lightest pad and get about 8 inches out of it. Will the Camco lego blocks support my FW of 10k lbs?
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT,4x4,Crew, Duramax EFI Live
2013 StarCraft Autumn Ridge
12 REPLIES 12

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
For a 8" block I'd head to a construction site and see if they'd give me a 4' 6x8 cut off. Take home and cut into four one foot sections.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
My homemade blocks below. 11" square by 7 1/2" high. I don't need them to level but use them all the time to shorten my landing gear. It makes the trailer a lot more stable.

/Users/sharondurbin/Desktop/IMG_20160417_223832.jpg

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Custom made. 2 fronts 10x16x10H 4 rears 10x10x8H

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
davisenvy wrote:
I recently had to put a lift on my FW in order for it to tow level. Now my jacks (landing gear and stabilizing jacks) have too far to travel to the ground. How tall of a jack pad can I put under my landing gear. I know I could put a redwood stump under it that was 3 ft tall, but lets keep this within reason. I want the smallest, lightest pad and get about 8 inches out of it. Will the Camco lego blocks support my FW of 10k lbs?

I bought a 12x12 lumber and had the lumber yard cut me 2 blocks about 10" long. I then bought 4 garage type handles and screwed them into each end. Makes it easy to grab and put under the jacks.

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
davisenvy wrote:
2naEagle wrote:
I've been using this and I like them a lot.

Trailer Jack Block

I saw these this morning. Do you use them under your landing gear?

I do not use them on my landing gear, I don't need them.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
davisenvy wrote:

I either use spare lego blocks under my rear stabs or 2x4 cribbing. I put 1 lego block under each landing jack just for a larger footprint. I can't imagine any landing gear NOT reaching the ground just from a trailer lift. I'd be willing to bet that my landing gear easily have close to 5 FEET of total travel between the powered portion and the drop-extensions. You =do= have extensions, don't you?

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

davisenvy
Explorer
Explorer
2naEagle wrote:

Trailer Jack Block

I saw these this morning. Do you use them under your landing gear?
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT,4x4,Crew, Duramax EFI Live
2013 StarCraft Autumn Ridge

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I use a cutoff piece of 4X4 a foot long

bigdon68
Explorer
Explorer
davisenvy wrote:

I just had 3" Risers put onto our DRV. I had the same experience that the rear levelers would over extend and "code out". I use 3 of the leveler blocks (in gray - I can stand the bright yellow) at each of the 4 rear jack locations. Works fine.

bigdon68
2017 F450 Lariat Shadow Black / Magnetic, LB, 6.7, Chrome Pkg. TS3 Air Hitch, Retrax, 55 Gal.Aux.Tank
2017 DRV Mobile Suites,induction cooktop, solar, f/b paint, MorRyde IS, 17.5" Tires,residential frig, 3" riser, MorRyde Steps

MY PICTURES

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
i use 8x8 pressure treated

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer

Trailer Jack Block
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
If I was needing 8" in height, I would try and get the shape to be like a cube. A very general load distribution would be at about 45-degrees. So the height equals width and also the depth, generally speaking.