cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mobile Suites 2010 DRV-32 TK3 Buyer Issues? Updated 4-25

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
I happened to to find a 2010 DRV-32TK3 for sale. My wife and older son thinks that this model will not work for us because it looks like there is no way to close off the bedroom area from guest. If someone in the middle of the night needs the us the restroom and sink, they will see anyone sleeping in the main bed. This is the big deal breaker for the wife.

Also if we bring a my son and his wife along with us I hope the cough area/ fold out bed would be adequate.

Comments Please.

4-25-17:

Yes; I am the one with the "Girly Man" 99 Dodge 2500 long-bed 24 V Cummings 2 wheel drive truck.

Thanks to you all for educating me on how much I can "SAFELY" tow with this 99 Dodge, approximately 9,500 max. One of best resources for towing guide for me is http://www.rvsafety.com/
RVSEF - RV Weighing & Safety Education

Yes I will and intend on purchasing a new/newer 3500 one ton diesel truck. Just haven't done enough research to make sure I know for myself if I need a dully or a single rear tire truck. Also exactly gear ratio and other stuff to go along with the truck.

This as been a long haul for me over the years researching RV's, weights and what to look out for. You have been a big help to me and the wife. I hope my search for the right RV for us will start to coming to a close and start enjoying camping/RVing again.

And Yes; I hope to find a independent RV shop to look over the unit before we close a deal. Boy, I hope things work out!

Thanks again to you all.
Chuck
27 REPLIES 27

jsum
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck you are probably going to need a bigger truck. Mobile Suites are HEAVY!

Fisher_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
Aside from the floor plans we are looking at a 2010 North Shore and from what I've read the things to consider are if the tires have been upgraded but the biggest thing I've read is about the Reitco axles, seems some don't run true with the alignment and read a complaint where a guy dropped a plumb bob straight down from the pin and then measured back to the first hub on each side.

He said it was a couple of inches off so there was his explanation for bad tire wear so I'll be bringing a hammer and checking to see if all of the u-bolts are tight on the axles.

Other than that I saw where one guy pulled his range hood down to find the wires had been stuffed wrong so the flange metal had stripped and burned wires but that could probably happen to any rig if they were in a hurry I suppose.
2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
My bathroom has 2 doors. A pocket door from the living area and a real door to the bedroom. It's all in one, shower lav, and jug, just like my house. The bedroom also has a door from the kitchen area.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
I looked online at several for sale, and cannot see a sliding curtain, or divider for sure >?? Here is one pic I saw on RV trader, do not see a separator

Pretty sure I see the handle for the recessed door. The wide angle camera lense really distorts things in the picture.

What is the problem with the separation of shower from 'office' closet? Is somebody going in the BR when the other is having a shower to watch? Hmmmm, don't answer that. At the time the separate shower was a very common layout. It is only in the past 5 years or so that the trend has been more like a domestic bathroom, which takes up more space.

As it happens our 2007 Alpenlite 34RLR has the separate shower & sink outside of the thunder closet. It has the sliding door separating the BR from below, like the MS. It also has a folding curtain which can separate the bed area from the shower/thunder closet in effect making a bathroom the full width of the trailer.

In over 1500 nights on the road this curtain has never been used. After 43 years neither one of us is going to see something that has not been seen before.

same for us using our alpenlite 8 years of nights and never pulled the accordion off the snaps keeping it open.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

I do not have an issue with that basic layout.. I just like my bathroom to be separate from the bedroom.. If there is a pocket door there, that could work but the DW and I still prefer 2 rooms separated by a real door... not curtain..

We STILL travel with our 2 daughters, who take showers at all hours, usually late at night...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
I looked online at several for sale, and cannot see a sliding curtain, or divider for sure >?? Here is one pic I saw on RV trader, do not see a separator

Pretty sure I see the handle for the recessed door. The wide angle camera lense really distorts things in the picture.

What is the problem with the separation of shower from 'office' closet? Is somebody going in the BR when the other is having a shower to watch? Hmmmm, don't answer that. At the time the separate shower was a very common layout. It is only in the past 5 years or so that the trend has been more like a domestic bathroom, which takes up more space.

As it happens our 2007 Alpenlite 34RLR has the separate shower & sink outside of the thunder closet. It has the sliding door separating the BR from below, like the MS. It also has a folding curtain which can separate the bed area from the shower/thunder closet in effect making a bathroom the full width of the trailer.

In over 1500 nights on the road this curtain has never been used. After 43 years neither one of us is going to see something that has not been seen before.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The head could be 40' away in a 5er or TT and noise is still an issue.
I am seeing more and more folding doors between the bed and the sink/shower. Sweet Thing has absolutely rejected anything with out a separate bath, which is a shame because we rarely have guests sleep over. Some really good floor plans are tossed aside.
Puma 30RKSS

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't like that at all. At least the thunder jug is in a closet.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
We have a similar floor plan, not a Mobile Suite.
There is a curtain attached on the ceiling to close off the bed.
You could add that I'm sure, although it doesn't do much for noise....

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
I agree Bumpy... when we were SHOPPING ,DW saw a fiver that looked really nice, till she saw the sink in the bedroom..

I have seen layouts where there was a small sink in the bedroom but there was another full bath. that would be acceptable to me. I sort of like the arrangements where there are two doors to the bathroom, one from main living area and the other to the master bedroom.
bumpy

I agree Bumpy... when we were SHOPPING ,DW saw a fiver that looked really nice, till she saw the sink in the bedroom..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

yes there is an open bath/bedroom suite but there is a door between this and the rest of the RV. I would not like this arrangement either. a shower in the bedroom might be acceptable to me but not the shower and sink. I understand the wife's concern that no body else could use that area than the folks in that bedroom, not somebody sleeping on a couch, etc. the more I think about it, that plan stinks. JMHO
bumpy

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
work2much wrote:
I believe this to be the floorpan.

The door separating BR from below is quite clear to see in that plan.

It would be rather silly not to have one but hey, we are talking RV builders here. No such thing as a perfect rig. Every one of them has dumbness built into them somewhere.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995