cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Problem with outside taps in my Cougar 5th

radar46
Explorer
Explorer
I am having trouble connecting the coiled hose to fitting at my outside taps. The male end on hose doesn't connect securely to the 5'ers outlet.
Tried WD40 but the hose fitting looks like it maybe doesn't insert far enough for it to click in. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Warren.
2002 Silverado 2500HD 2WD
Duramax/Allison
2014 277RL Cougar 5th

The best thing about being WRONG...
...is the JOY it brings to others!
10 REPLIES 10

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
I had same problem with 2020 Grand Design 5th wheel. Replaced the outside tap with a new one and all is fine. Defective from factory.

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
This may not help but here's what I found that helps. I have the outside shower on the back side and a cold water connection on the front side. On the outside shower (has both hot and cold) after turning off water -release the pressure on the hose before disconnecting it. This way the quick connect is not under pressure reconnecting it. Never had a problem connecting after doing this. The one on the front is hard to connect under pressure (has no shut off valve). A couple of time I've shut off the main water supply (water pump or city water) release line pressure by opening a inside faucet then connect which made it easy. Mine is hard to connect while the line is under pressure-easy without pressure.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

GPG52_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Combination of BarryG20 and Bama 2 should do the trick,
consider Silicone Spray vs. WD40 although both work.

We walk the trailer through a little silicon/WD40 preventive maintenance exercise a couple of times a year. Locks, exterior connections, spray rubber seals with RV treatment etc.
Rather lube vs. replace.
GPG
GPG ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Ford F250, 6.2L, 4.30 Ratio, 6 speed
2014 Cougar (by Keystone) 327 RES

Esacnj
Explorer
Explorer
X2 What Barry does.
Esacnj

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
I changed my quick connect to a regular hose fitting and put a regular faucet on mine......easy to screw/ attach a hose on it.....was tired of playing with with that fitting.
cpaulsen

bama2
Explorer II
Explorer II
spray a little wd40 on the end at the outside shower hook up. sometimes the fittings on the inside need lubed. worked for me.

BarryG20
Explorer
Explorer
On mine I have had to get a screw driver or similar and push in the plunger on the trailer side(while holding the collar back) and seems like the first time of the year I have to hit the driver with the palm of my hand. It seems to get stuck for some reason. However once unstuck it goes in just fine. Seems to need it every time I use it though it is not used often. Really only at winterizing time and on occasion when I want to rinse something off at camp that I am not willing to take inside and use the sink.
2016 Jayco 28.5 RLTS

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
cavie wrote:
the male end may be defective on cheaper hoses. You need a white RV potable hose anyway.

this is on the outdoor shower not the water fill. normal hose wont work they have quick conect fitting on a coiiled hose with a normal hose fitting on the other end for a hand sprayer.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
you are holding the colar on the fitting back while trying to insert the hose nipple right. mine doesnt click persay but i can slide the colar back out locking it in after it pushed in a tiny bit. as long as a slight tug on the hose and it stays in place and doesnt leak it is good.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
try a 2nd hose. the male end may be defective on cheaper hoses. You need a white RV potable hose anyway.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.