cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sundowner, Featherlite, etc...toy haulers

dannko
Explorer
Explorer
I have been investigating these extensively, and while I would love to get a Sundowner since it may be the best toyhauler made, the companies really need to get it together. They need more standardized models equipped just like the standard rv manufacturers do. The websites have pretty much no info, no standards, no options, not much. It's go to your dealer, well we all know what happens when you go to a dealer, all of a sudden they are brain dead. I think these companies are losing out. Main problem is I have found a few I like and would go with, but none have generators, of which I told the sales dept, that's a must for a toy hauler, plus gas tanks. The main reason is I want a bargain, but again cannot find a ready to go unit with what I want. To order they want a fortune.

Back to Winnebago, yuk.
2 REPLIES 2

dannko
Explorer
Explorer
Wild Card wrote:
They are custom built rigs. You literally get what you want and you pay for it. So you want to turn custom builders into the problem that exist in the rv idustry.

Are you a dealer? Maybe I didn't make it clear, no I don't want them to build junk, but if you order, the discount is less than on a in stock unit (you knew that right?). So just stating that these trailer shops are not in tune with the trends in toy haulers in the rv industry, meaning more sleeping setup in garage area, generators (or just the gen box installed), multi-ac's, insulated for some cold weather use, tv hookups in multiple places, the pretty much standard stuff on a conventional rv. That was my point, not a point of building junk. Did I clarify that to your liking? #keyboardwarriors

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
They are custom built rigs. You literally get what you want and you pay for it. So you want to turn custom builders into the problem that exist in the rv idustry.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler