cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone out there had experiance with summit or Master Tread tires?This is for a 5th wheel XLite that has an empty weight of 6800 lbs. Thanks for any replys.Bob
8 REPLIES 8

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Limit4 wrote:
Jerry, what reason would you stay with D instead of going to 10 ply E?

X1! Go with the highest ply rated tire that will fit on your RV. Changing tires or paying for damage to your RV is not my 1st choice??

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
My local dealer said he can order D rated but only stocks E Rated. No problem either way as it only takes a day to get a delivery.

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Limit4 wrote:

With ST tires, it is recommended to run at max sidewall psi.
the D-rated are more than ample for your wt. Don't forget the truck will be carrying 20+ percent of the trailer wt. If you run E rated at 80 psi, it will just put more fatigue on the FW. If you run E rated with lower than 80 psi, no real advantage, and they will run warmer.

Jerry

Valid point for sure. However, when I went up to E from D I ran them at 70 PSI and they rode better and handled better due to the extra meat in the tire. Plus, the xtra cushion in weight rating gave me that warm fuzzy feeling!
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10โ€™s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Limit4 wrote:

With ST tires, it is recommended to run at max sidewall psi.
the D-rated are more than ample for your wt. Don't forget the truck will be carrying 20+ percent of the trailer wt. If you run E rated at 80 psi, it will just put more fatigue on the FW. If you run E rated with lower than 80 psi, no real advantage, and they will run warmer.

Jerry

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Unless you are needing to choose between those two, I'd suggest one of the newer higher speed rated tires, such as Carlisle, or Provider. They are speed rated to 81 mph, due to cooler running temps.

Lots of opinions, but on that size/weight FW, I'd stay with D rating, and full 65 psi inflation, using tires I mentioned above.

Jerry

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
ST225 75R15 Going to E from D Thanks

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Limit4 wrote:
Has anyone out there had experiance with summit or Master Tread tires?This is for a 5th wheel XLite that has an empty weight of 6800 lbs. Thanks for any replys.Bob

What size tire, and what weight rating on the tire??
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"