cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Insurance

dgravley
Explorer
Explorer
I am a new full time RV'er (and new at living on my own. I am in search of good insurance for my RV. Any recommendations? I bought the RV used but am making payments and I'm located in Texas if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!!
9 REPLIES 9

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
You do not need to purchase full-timer's insurance in the state where you have your driver's license.

Case in point - Many full-timers (including me) get their insurance thru Miller Insurance (located in Oregon). My domicile state is Florida.

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
We went through a couple of different companies before we discovered Geico. They were very easy to deal with, they know about fulltime RV'ers and they were happy to cover our off-road vehicle. They also saved us a considerable amount of money over our previous agencies. When I had to file a claim they were very helpful and took care of everything.
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to purchase full-timers insurance in the state you have your drivers license and have established your residency. If you are in TX, is that where you are a resident? Many regular insurance companies DO NOT provide full-timers coverage which gives you contents coverage and liability coverage just like a renters or homeowners insurance as well as coverage for the rv and sometimes towed vehicles. We are residents of S Dakota and our mail service recommended someone to us. I have seen many recommend Miller Insurance Agency and you know Good Sam has full-timers coverage also.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
dgravley wrote:
I am a new full time RV'er (and new at living on my own. I am in search of good insurance for my RV. Any recommendations? I bought the RV used but am making payments and I'm located in Texas if that makes a difference.

Check with these insurance brokers -- Mlller Insurance. You should also get a personal liability policy.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
The main thing to consider is that "No insurance company is you friend". They are in it to make money so the stockholders are happy. Consider as high a deductible as you can afford and premiums will usually be noticeably lower is another thing to consider. I would also suggest you find an insurance broker and have them do the shopping for you as they will have more info available at their disposal to find what you need.
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
We full-time out of Texas and have Allied Insurance through GoodSam. Make sure when you're getting quotes from companies that you ARE specifying that you're full-time as you're going to want contents coverage AND liability.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
Tell us what kind of RV
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
We have National General after Progressive jumped about 6 years ago with no claims in 10 years, 5 of those years as fulltimers. We have South Dakota as a domicile.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
I have insurance through my regular Car ins company - I pay < $170/year for the TT
Gerry