cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2005 JAYCO GRANITE RIDGE 3100SS

clemdog
Explorer
Explorer
Going to look at this class C this afternoon.

Anyone with any general feedback on Jayco and the Granite Ridge in particular?

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

milburnschmidt
Explorer
Explorer
Got a 31 footer last year with 22000 miles on it LOVE IT. Lots of storage,4000 watt generator handles well and very comfortable to camp in. We camp a month at a time on fort peck and could not think of anything to add to it.

milburnschmidt
Explorer
Explorer
Got a 31 footer last year with 22000 miles on it LOVE IT. Lots of storage,4000 watt generator handles well and very comfortable to camp in. We camp a month at a time on fort peck and could not think of anything to add to it.

milburnschmidt
Explorer
Explorer
We have one and we love it. It has a lot of extras and its the nicest RV we have owned yet. Its a pleasure to drive band easy to use. WE pull a 18 ft boat with no problems.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
rjstractor wrote:
I looked at this and other similar models (31' on E450 chassis), and most of them were almost at their max GVWR empty. I recall one with slideouts that weighed almost 13,000 pounds empty, which leaves almost no useable capacity for accessories, passengers and supplies.

x2.

clemdog, if you're the type that wants to operate the motorhome within the published chassis limits, than you need to very carefully look at the actual weights of this vehicle. I'd recommend taking it out for a test drive to the nearest weigh station, get the front and rear axle weights, and compare those to the chassis specs. Make note of how much water, fuel and other stuff is aboard. From these numbers, you should be able to determine if the vehicle will work for your intended purpose.

While we liked the floorplan of the rig, there is NO WAY we would've been able to use it and stay anywhere near the published specs. Ditto for any other E-450 based 30+' slide Class C. That bothered me, so we set our sights on rigs with a heavier chassis.

Good Luck in your search,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

clemdog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback folks.

I looked at this rig and its in awesome condition with only 17,000 miles. Seems it has no leveling or stabilizers though. Not really sure how I feel about that.

They're asking $28,000. I'm just concerned that it's too much for a 2005...

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
We have that same model and year rig.
We have owned it since 2007 and really like it.
2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3513

dsheets
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2004 Granite Ridge and really liked it. Only problem I ran into was delamination on awning side. It was in the area of the awning arm.

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
I looked at this and other similar models (31' on E450 chassis), and most of them were almost at their max GVWR empty. I recall one with slideouts that weighed almost 13,000 pounds empty, which leaves almost no useable capacity for accessories, passengers and supplies.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Fwiw, fifth wheel in my signature is still solid with no problems. Jayco has an excellent reputation, and great customer service should you need it (or so I've heard ๐Ÿ™‚ ).
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

clemdog
Explorer
Explorer
No Jayco owners out there?